“Excellent!”

The Ivy Inn Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The Ivy Inn Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$25 - US$60
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Ivy Road
Transit: No public transit
Description: Locally-Inspired Seasonal American Cuisine in an historic house originally built in 1789. Family owned business for 20+ years.
Reviewed 3 April 2013

One of the best if not THE best restaurant i have ever been to in the United States! The food war absolutely delicious and the service exquisite! The Scottisch Salmon Fillet is my favorite, soooo tasty and perfectly combined with the side dishes. We had such a wonderful experience that we went back 4 days later.

Reviewed 2 April 2013

We four visitors to Charlottesville had one of our best meals ever at The Ivy Inn. The service (by Frances) was excellent. We told her we were not in a hurry, and she timed our dining perfectly--always there when we needed her.
We sat in a smallish room (4 or 5 tables) and appreciated the privacy from the large dining room, which seemed a bit noisy on a Thursday evening.
The food itself was excellent: we enjoyed the warm wild mushroom appetizer and one diner had the cheese platter: small servings of a variety of good cheeses and dried fruits. Our main courses were the duck breast (perfectly cooked at medium rare, as ordered), two had the Black Angus tenderloin, and I opted for the flounder which wouldn't be my normal choice. So glad I had this. The fish was moist and flavorful, but the star was the bed of vegetables, crawfish, and andouille sausage in light tomato sauce that the fish sat on. A perfect combination of flavors.
For dessert my wife ordered a chocolate, peanut butter, and ice cream combination that was pretty and tasty. I had the warm English toffee pudding with a caramel sauce. So good that I had to share tastes with my friends, but the next time I'll keep it all to myself. The chef does something special to that caramel sauce that elevates it to levels I haven't tasted before.
For food of this quality, we agreed that the total price was reasonable. This is a "special occasion" restaurant. We weren't celebrating a birthday or anniversary, but we were just in town for one night and wanted to experience the best Charlottesville had to offer. I think we found it.

Reviewed 2 April 2013

We decided to end our vacation to the east coast with a special meal and chose The Ivy Inn Restaurant- we are glad we did. The soft music in the background was unobtrusive and enhanced the atmosphere. Our meal was delicious- I had the Osso Bucco. The server was most accommodating and informative. A truly delightful dining experience.

Reviewed 25 March 2013

We celebrated wife's birthday dinner here; they had menu printed that welcomed her for her special day. That was a nice touch, but the main attraction was the flavors and preparations of our meals. Great evening

Reviewed 19 March 2013 via mobile

we went to ivy with a party of 6 persons. everything was fresh, the service very kind. (specially francis) and the angus tenderloin was worldclass. the winelist fits perfect for a good dinner and the deserts are fantastic.

1  Thank Manu987