“Always the Best”

The Ivy Inn Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The Ivy Inn Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$25 - US$60
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Ivy Road
Transit: No public transit
Description: Locally-Inspired Seasonal American Cuisine in an historic house originally built in 1789. Family owned business for 20+ years.
Charlottesville, Virginia
“Always the Best”
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Every time I eat at Ivy Inn I am amazed. The wine list is extensive and offers something for everyone. The servers are always superb and knowledgeable. I love that you can get half-orders of the pastas so you can try a few things. The Chef uses fresh, locally sourced ingredients to create colorful and flavorful dishes. I look forward to my next visit. I have lived in NYC as well as South Africa and other countries and this is the best of the best. Really please to have this option so close to home.

• Visited May 2013

Charlottesville, Virginia
“A Wonderful Experience”
Reviewed 20 November 2013

It had been many years since we visited The Ivy Inn, but we went recently to celebrate my wife's birthday. When I made the reservation, Angelo asked if it was a special occasion. I told him it was, and he asked for my wife's name. When we arrived, the menus were topped with "Happy Birthday, ..." Our waiter, Martin, was exceptional, bringing us unsolicited champagne for a toast, a small pistachio-centered pre-appetizer, and small blondie cookies after our meal. We each had pasta appetizers and both had the sirloin. Finished with the English toffee bread pudding and the Kahlua cream puffs. Everything was first rate - ambiance, service, food, drink. I unhesitatingly recommend The Ivy Inn, especially for a special occasion.

Savannah, Georgia
“Good - not exceptional”
Reviewed 13 November 2013 via mobile

The best thing about this place is the atmosphere. The food was good - nothing to race about. The seafood chowder had non descript seafood chopped up in it. Overall it tested more like potato chowder- the salad was again ok-Nothing spectacular - the best part if the meal was my lamb entree - a combination of three lollipop and a small gyro - both quite tasty despite the boring and safe spinach and pasta sides on the same plate - I wouldn't run back to this place other than to unwind and enjoy the cozy living room setting.

1 Thank 14tidewater
“Excellent Food”
Reviewed 12 November 2013

We went to the Ivy Inn based on its reputation for food, and were not disappointed. The wine list is quite good, with a focus on domestic wines (including Virginia, naturally, but also lesser know Washington [state] wineries, too). The mushroom soup is among the best we have had (including some of the meccas for this around Kennett Square, PA). Our entrees were outstanding: a perfectly prepared filet (although the pimento cheese on top could have been skipped) and delectable quail that was accompanied by sweet potato gnocchi. The toffee cake dessert was outstanding, and just enough for two. The service started on a poor note--the wine we ordered was sent to the wrong location such that the soup course was over, and we had to inquire about it before it finally arrived. However, in an excellent service recovery step, we were not charged for the dessert, and the server profusely apologized. That made up for the error. Overall, our experience was very good, and we will likely be back the next time we are in Charlottesville.

1 Thank jccphd
Queenstown, Maryland
“Special Night Out”
Reviewed 11 November 2013

We were touring wineries in the area and staying at a local B&B. We have a very nice dinner at the Ivy Inn. All the meals were excellent and the service was very good. We were upstairs in a smaller room which was very nice.