“Moderate”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

I have been many times had great service but a long wait. This time I went on New Years Eve had reservations got right in but our chef didn't do anything fun with our kids. The waitress never got our drinks we had to go flag our waitress down anytime we need anything. My son had a kids meal and the steak is all or pure fat. There were people that were seated after us and they were done before we were. As I was waiting for my family to go to the bathroom then two waitresses came and try to clear our drinks before we were done. I will go back again but very disappointed in their service.

Reviewed 16 November 2013

The first time we went to this place with our 6 yr old, she really enjoyed the show - the food was so-so. The next time we went there we were very disappointed with the service. We asked for a Teppan Yaki dish we ordered to be cancelled and the waiter assured us it was and brought us other stuff. Then when we were close to the end of the meal she brought the Teppan Yaki meal saying the food had already been cooked. We had a good view of the Teppan Yaki cooks and know that when we cancelled the cooking hadn't even started. We did not appreciate this attempt to inflate the bill . We ordered braised duck which was not the best we had had but enjoyed the steamed fish . On the whole, a bit more sauce and oil added to the food than we would like.

Reviewed 8 November 2013

A basically good, nothing-to-write-home-about Chinese restaurant. I am not the biggest fan of their sushi, however.

Reviewed 23 July 2013

Had takeout from the Flaming Wok during our stay in Charlottesville and the food was really good! Extensive menu and the choices we had were not greasy and were prepared well.

Reviewed 8 April 2013

We go to Flaming Wok restaurant when ever our family friends invites us to join for their kids birthday party. The food has been good but the service, I wish they could learn and improve! You almost have to beg for refill of your drinks ! The chef does his cooking in front of you , amusing the kids but the waitress vanishes away once she takes the order! Probably it was not intentional because the same person had to take orders from other guests( my observations) but still they could improve the customer service skills. Other wise, OK!