“Just Not Good”
Review of Zazus

Zazus
Ranked #157 of 557 Restaurants in Charlottesville
Reviewed 20 November 2012

My husband and I had a gift certificate to go and get dinner for 2. I was very excited because I had heard good things or I guess it was not the same place that we went. We ordered a Sante Fe wrap and a Chicken Caeser wrap. I didn't think a Chicken Caser wrap could be this nasty. The chicken was dry and tasted about several days old sitting under a heat lamp and my husband's wasn't much better. We had to toss that stuff out. We also got smoothies and I watched the girl break apart the iced over pieces of fruit and it tasted like freezer burn. I would not recommend this place to anyone and I will never go back.

There are newer reviews for Zazus

Reviewed 16 November 2012

Zazu's Fresh Grille is the worst restaurant in my experience. I ordered a chicken wrap which was 99% rice, luke warm and tasteless. My friend ordered butternut squash soup which was so thick it looked like squash puree, and tasteless.

Reviewed 2 November 2012

I eat at Zazus 2-3 times a week. There are three things I like about this place: the food is FRESH and delicious, the price and portions are right, the staff are unique. If you like Chipotle, this is a more affordable alternative. If you like Revolutionary Soup, the menu is comparable. For me, the Zazus experience is more pleasant than either of the previous options because I place a premium on time and convenience. The lines at Chipotle have made me turn around at the door. Barracks Road is a beast. Parking for either Rev Soup is going to cost you. If you value your dollar and your time, and care about what you put in your body, try Zazus! I heard a rumor that the decor is going to get an update soon. Personally, I think the staff are a really neat bunch. Zazus is a unique experience that offers good value - if you're into that sort of thing.

Reviewed 24 August 2012

DO NOT eat here is you do not have to. The service and the owner are very unfriendly. Better service at any other place in cville.

Reviewed 5 August 2012

Had a great wrap: curried chicken, basil, almonds and a great cookie: Vegan Flax Choc Chip.
Super fast friendly service with an appealing ambiance.