“Best (do)nuts ever!!!!”
Review of Spudnut Shop - CLOSED

Spudnut Shop
Reviewed 24 August 2014

After being told by my son (UVA student) that I just HAD to try spudnuts and being highly skeptical of the thought of a potato-based donut tasting anything other than some kind of oversized french fry without an end, I could not believe the joy that I experienced at my first taste of a spudnut "nut". Far from being dense, heavy or any other such adjective, they were light, fluffy, had just the right level of sweetness and left no heavy feeling. In short THE best donut I have ever eaten. My joy was shortlived, however, as when I returned the following day (Sunday) it was closed (too late I think) and then on Monday (my last day in C-ville) my hopes were dashed once again when Monday turned out to be the only day they are closed! And so I will have to await until my next visit when I will be sure to load up on this culinary delight...

1  Thank David C

Reviewed 26 July 2014

I have been to the Spudnut Shop many times, and am never disappointed. The "shop" itself is a time-traveling experience- brings back memories of a simpler time. The overall menu is limited, but they excel at what they do. My favorite is the glazed Spudnut, which almost melts in your mouth. The shop is closed Sunday and Monday, and closes in the early afternoon on other days.

Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

1st I got a half dozen glazed, thought that the price was reasonable walked any of the store reached in the bag took one bite and turned right around and ordered a dozen more glazed and assorted kinds. I wasn't disappointed at all. Before dunkin doughnuts and Krispy Kreme became popular you had your delicious mom and pop bakery. This is it. It's close to Krispy Kreme but on a different level and no comparison to dunkin donuts. If visiting Charlottesville like I was this is worth the stop. Get them while they last so go e early in the morning. If you hang around you can catch the various varieties of DELICIOUS Spudnuts (doughnuts). OMG! AMAZING mouth watering Hmmm hmmmm GOOD!!!

Reviewed 30 June 2014

What a great retro place but it's the real thing. You want doughnuts and coffee, that is what they got. Easy to get to, people coming in and out all the time. Doughnuts are great and cheap. Coffee tastes just like you would expect doughnut shop coffee to taste. Hard to explain.

Great place. The kids loved it. The coconut yeast raised - awesome!

Reviewed 13 June 2014

Yummy donut-like treats. Lighter than your average donut and made on site. SpudNuts uses potato flour and that gives them their lightness and great texture.