“good sandwiches”

Cuisines: Delicatessen
Williamsburg, Virginia, United States
“good sandwiches”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Went to Durty Nelly's for the first time and was totally surprised....The place isn't anything to write home about but their sub sandwiches are really good... I had the Italian sub and it was the best I've had in a long time..the meat was piled high and perfectly seasoned..I would definitely change the chips to a different type. We also had the Dagwood, again the meat was piled so high we couldn't get our mouth around it....The place itself is a hole in the wall but the people were friendly. There is a bar if you would like a drink but they also have soda. The prices were a little high, but we would go back.

• Visited June 2014

Harrisonburg, Virginia
“Poor customer service, overpriced for the quality of the food”
Reviewed 12 March 2014

An unfriendly, disinterested man took our order. I was surprised at how much our total was for two subs, but figured they must be something special for the price. Unfortunately, I was mistaken. Our food was below average and definitely not worth the price. We'll try somewhere else next time we are in town.

• Visited March 2014
charlottesville
“trip advisor has wrong restaurant in photo! duh!!!”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

the photo is of wayside fried chicken, NOT Durty Nelly's wayside deli/pub. How stupid is that? no wonder people think the staff is lazy and the place is dirty, they're in the WRONG RESTAURANT!
Durty Nelly's is NEXT DOOR to wayside chicken, and has the best and thickest and most amazing subs, salads, and homemade deserts in town. Stop in the REAL Durty Nelly's Pub, and be transported back in time with the brick floors and large cozy fireplace. THe sandwiches are fresh and they don't go chintzy on the fillings. Try it, you'll LOVE it and come back for more!

I visit every week but below it will only let me pick a mongh, LOL

Visited June 2013
2 Thank ed b
“Wayside Deli - RIP. Go To Bellair Market -- or Subway”
Reviewed 9 April 2013

Something terrible has happened to Wayside Deli and it's very sad. It used to be a truly great place. Moved by nostalgia, and in a hurry, I chose Wayside. Owner was having a party for a club he belongs to, and the only sandwich maker was swamped. After 15 minutes, I asked if my "to go" could slide in between others staying for party. "Sorry, first come first serve." Gave me too much time to see the dirt, lack of actual shaved meats, bad food handling. I'm a pretty adventurous traveler - but this would flunk a basic health inspection. Just as I was going to cancel my order (25 minutes), my sandwich emerged. I was so grossed out, though, I chucked it. Rest In Peace Wayside. Do yourself a favor - go to Bellair Market.

• Visited April 2013
Charlottesville, Virginia
“Durty by name, dirty indeed”
Reviewed 29 January 2013

It lives up to its weird name. The place is dirty, the food below average and the staff probably took the day off when we were there. They were slow, uninterested and frankly bored. To be avoided in future.

Visited October 2012