“Good coffee and cake.”

Ranked #4 of 12 Bakeries in Charlottesville
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: Locally owned and operated since 1986, HotCakes offers seasonal, gourmet food in our cafe and ready for you to take home. We also provide specialty coffees and teas, freshly prepared desserts, catering and much more!
Reviewed 13 October 2013

really good coffee and cake for every morning. have visited this place many time that I cannot remember. every time is great

There are newer reviews for Hot Cakes

Reviewed 11 October 2013

Really innovative bakery and gourmet take out food. After a long hot day at Montecello, I was happy to find this place in the Barracks Road Center where I could buy salads and cold chicken to take back to my room in the nearby Residence Inn for dinner. I had tarragon potato salad in oil, not mayonaise among other things. Staff very willing to give you just the portion you needed. I think it came to like $10.

Reviewed 30 September 2013

Always busy at lunch but worth the experience. Lunch plates like egg salad are great ($7.99) but the have sandwiches too ($6.99-8.99). Pastries are all good. Has Wi-Fi. Plenty of parking (shopping center). Best? They support Hospice of the Piedmont. Service pretty much on your own (self bussed), but food comes out fast.

Reviewed 24 August 2013

Hey, the staff was just the right thing for two weary travelers! We wanted something yummy after a sad dinner experience elsewhere. They were patient, even though it was nearing closing time, and they were extraordinarily helpful and offered to bring our selections to the table. We had the peanut butter pie which was touted to be "not too sweet" and indeed it lived up to its expectations. Nothing worse these days than something too sugary and this one went down quite well! I had a latte and my friend had a pot of really good herbal tea. A happy experience all the way around!

1  Thank Wewah
Reviewed 13 May 2013

it is a small boutique style restaurant, high end desserts and pastries and light fare. The food was good, not great and expensive for what it was