“Not Bad” 3 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Child-friendly
Charlottesville, Virginia
“Not Bad”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2013

What I love most are the healthful options on the menu and the salad bar. I don't normally eat at chains but sometimes you just want a casual meal. The service is hit-or-miss, nothing special, but I've been a few times and will return.

Visited July 2013

Magnolia, Texas
“Everyone's food was cooler than room temperature”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2013

I had high hopes when I saw the menu and the interesting vegetable offerings. Our waiter tried his best, but he could not overcome the problems in the kitchen and an apathetic manager.

Two pasta dishes were served lukewarm on cool plates. Our guests said the flavor would have been better had the pasta been hot. Hubby had the petit sirloin and coconut shrimp. His dish arrived with three shrimp, a nicely executed steak, and dipping sauce with no garnishes. His baked potato was a no show. Midway through the meal our waiter told us that the kitchen had ran out of baked potatoes and were microwaving some more (how appetizing). When the potato finally made an appearance at the end of his meal, everyone commented on how small it was. Salad bar was nice and well tended.

I had a lobster tail, petit sirloin, sugar snap peas, and vegetable squash. The petit steak is petit-- pork chop sized and 3/4" thick--but it was well seasoned and the grilling was spot on. My plate was cold, the lobster was barely warm, and the vegetables were cooler than room temperature. The waiter offered to reheat my meal (how in the world could they do that successfully). I finished my steak and the lobster, because I like chilled lobster, but my vegetables were ineatible.
Since no offer of compensation was offered, I insisted that the bill be adjusted. They gave me partial credit. No manager appeared despite our problems during the meal.

For my mobility impaired readers, you can access this restaurant with no problems. The lighting is very dim--our senior guests needed help reading the menu. The restrooms were clean, but there were paper towels on the floor.

Food that is not held at the appropriate temperature is a health hazard. Don't spend your money at a restaurant that doesn't care.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Va
“A Casual Night Dinner”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2013

This was just a place to eat out and we did enjoy it but obviously like most chains it was nothing special to write home about.

Visited November 2012
Charlottesville, Virginia
“Great Service and Good Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2013

We were satisfied. Value for Price is entirely subjective. For us, a good dining experience...with a most competent and responsive wait staff...and a shift manger who asks for your immediate feed-back on your dining experience.

Visited March 2013
“It was awful.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2013

Me and my friend went into ruby Tuesday on a Friday night expecting great food and service only to have our hopes bashed.We ended up waiting 20 minutes for our waitress, and having to get up and ask for someone to wait on us.After we finally got our food my friend opened up her cheeseburger only to find a pubic hair in it.Mortified, we complained and the manager said he would fix it and take it off our bill.We again, waited and asked the waitress for our food to just get it to go.She so nicely informed us that they weren't bringing us any more food since they knocked it off our bill.so needles to say we will not be dining there again any time soon.

• Visited March 2013