“Not too clean. Good food though.”
Review of Waffle House

Waffle House
Ranked #327 of 545 Restaurants in Charlottesville
Cuisines: Diner
“Not too clean. Good food though.”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

My fiance and I came here with high expectations of the Wafflehouse brand. We were pleased with the food. I was not at all pleased with the cleanliness of the restaurant or its servers. When we walked up to the door we were pleasantly greeted by a server who was smoking outside with her apron/smock on. This displeased me. The menus were syrupy, the coffee mug had LIPSTICK residue, there were two dead flies on the window sill next to me, and I had to wipe crumbs off the table before we sat down. (Don't ask me why I stayed, was just trying to give the place a chance).

Visited July 2013

Bethesda, Maryland
“Great Meal. Great Service. Great Value”
Reviewed 16 June 2013

My father always loved the Waffle House! When I saw the Waffle House across the street from the Sleep Inn, I said, "We're going there for breakfast!" and...I was not disappointed. I had the all star special and it powered me all day long! Our server was friendly and the food was delivered fresh, hot and FAST! And the bill was a nice surprise...it was a great deal!

• Visited June 2013
“Waffle House Wisdom”
Reviewed 29 April 2013 via mobile

For what it is, a local Waffle House diner, this place is a gem in Charlottesville. I've had the best service, food, and memories made here. I can always count on a hot side of grits with a fresh made waffle anytime of the day. This is truly a wonderful restaurant.

• Visited May 2012
Chesterfield, VA
“Good value”
Reviewed 8 April 2013

All of our food was good. Attentive server. Good value and convenient location right off of I-64. No complaints.

Visited March 2013
Virginia
“Best service in town!”
Reviewed 3 March 2013

On the spur of the moment, a co-worker and I had breakfast at the Waffle House. I was blown away by the friendly and excellent service. Several employees greeted us as we entered the restaurant. Our server, Lee, was quick, pleasant and efficient. Without being asked he brought us to-go cups with our beverages when we were ready to leave. Good and simple food, clean restaurant and friendly - make-you-feel-at-home - service. My kind of place!

• Visited March 2013