“Good Food”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed 21 May 2013

Conveniently located next door to Econo Lodge North. Owner/servers were very hospitable. They have a daily buffet from noon to 2pm.

There are newer reviews for Szechuan Restaurant

Reviewed 22 June 2012

Had dinner here. Food was forgetable, average at best. I know. It's Chinese. But Lo Mein noodles were firmer than "al dente". Waiter was brand new. I ordered "1/2 Carafe of Chardonnay. First delivery was a single glass. I told the waiter I wanted, "1/2 Carafe" and pointed it out on the menu. See? $7.95 Right? Guy says, "OK." comes back with an Apertif glass filled with about 2 oz of wine. I get the menu out again. I point to the "1/2-Carafe" Column on the menu. "Ah, OK!" he says. He comes back with (no lie) a PARFAIT glass filled with wine. At this point, I figure the parfait glass is about what a 1/2 carafe would be so I kept the Apertif glass and refilled it from the parfait glass for the duration of my solitary meal. Actually pretty funny, but c'mon, how can the guy screw it up that badly?

Probably wouldn't recommend this joint if you have transportation to go elsewhere.

Reviewed 13 May 2012

Someone said it wasn't authentic Chinese, like you would find in Asia. Well, I'm American and this is in America and I thought it was wonderful! It's my kind of Chinese food. It's very convenient to the Days Inn near UVa. We just walked out of our room and headed for the steak place across the street. We took one look at the prices and booked it on down the street to the Chinese place. It was empty (8:00 PM) but we took a chance and sat down anyway. The food was fabulous!

Reviewed 1 April 2012

the food are probably prepared to suit American's taste, it is too saltish and definitely not the same kind of sze chuan food you can find in Asia. the fried rice is soaky and has too much soya sauce. the same applied to the beef broccoli. The hot & sour soup lacks the punch. My first and last visit!

Reviewed 22 December 2011

Best fried rice I've ever had and the staff are extremely friendly and polite even though they don't speak great English. They get our order right every time (again despite the language barrier)