“Yummy Ice Cream w/ a 50s diner feel”
Review of Chaps

Chaps
Ranked #6 of 28 Dessert in Charlottesville
Price range: US$2 - US$16
Cuisines: Grill
Good for: Local cuisine
Description: Chaps Ice Cream is an old-fashioned ice cream parlor in Charlottesville, Virginia with all of the charm and fun of yesteryear! All of our ice cream is made onsite and we can create custom flavors to fit any request or desire with a variety of available ingredients. Get your Chaps Ice Cream in the store (which has a great, classic 50s ice cream parlor feel) or call ahead to take any quantity home! Not only do we make our own homemade ice cream and ice cream cakes, but we make our own doughnuts too (family recipes that have been around for over 75 years!) Our fun-loving crew values our customers and takes pride in their work and creating a cozy, delightful experience. Looking for more than just a sweet treat? Chaps serves up some of the best bites around including burgers, sandwiches, shakes and coffee! Need to take your event or special occasion to the next level? Ask us about serving our ice cream at your restaurant or special event! We would love to put smiles on your guest's faces! Chaps Ice Cream: more than a dessert, it's a gourmet's delight!
“Yummy Ice Cream w/ a 50s diner feel”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

If you like good ice cream, you must try Chaps! They had a great selection of homemade ice cream flavors. I got the coffee and chocolate almond ice creams. My husband tried the German chocolate cake and my in-laws had the Four C's. Everything was delicious. I saw many people go the Splendoras gelato place a few stores down which was more modern and fancy looking - so glad we went with this old gem. The ice cream was creamy and delicious!

• Visited May 2014
Tony L, Manager at Chaps, responded to this review, 15 October 2014
I'm glad you and your family tried us out, too! It's great to see you loved our shop. You're welcome back for another scoop of the coffee or chocolate almond ice cream any time.

Hope to see you soon,

Media, Pennsylvania
“nice ice cream cones for dessert”
Reviewed 18 April 2014

nice finish to a meal as citizens burger only had key lime pie for dessert. nice selection of flavors

Visited April 2014
Tony L, Manager at Chaps, responded to this review, 16 October 2014
I'm glad you enjoyed your post-meal ice cream with us! Thanks for the compliments, and I hope to see you again the next time you're in Charlottesville.

Best,
Charlottesville, Virginia
“Fabulous Ice Cream”
Reviewed 5 October 2013

Chaps makes home-made ice cream that's wonderfully rich and flavorful. Lot's of flavor choices (try the German Chocolate Cake ice cream). Family friendly. The frequent long line moves quickly.

Visited October 2013
Tony L, Manager at Chaps, responded to this review, 18 October 2014
Dave, thanks for the kind words on our shop. I'm glad you love the German Chocolate cake -- you're welcome to another scoop any time!

Until then,
Columbia,
“Wonderful Ice Cream. Must Try!”
Reviewed 14 July 2013 via mobile

I love ice cream and my wife and I eat it at least once a day while on vacation. We were so please to have run across this place on the Main Street Mall in Charlottesville. It's pretty much like any other scoop shop except it has booths. All icecreams made by Chaps. It's a creamy smooth and slightly sticky kind of ice cream. I tried four flavors. The flavors are subtle and not strong. Really good. My mouth waters just writing about it.

• Visited July 2013