“Yes, stop here”
Review of Salt Artisan Market - CLOSED

Salt Artisan Market
Good for: View
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: Salt, located on Thomas Jefferson Parkway between Monticello and Ash Lawn-Highland, is a market focused on locally-sourced products with emphasis on artisan cheeses, meats, charcuterie, sandwiches, and specialty prepared foods.
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Not much to look at from the road, but worth the stop! Inside is clean and nicely designed with a young vibe. The grilled cheese sandwiches were toasted well on a panini grill, really good, but also a really salty cheese.

On the shelf you can buy a bottle of hickory syrup, tastes sweet of course, but smoky. Will be great for grilling. Who knew hickory made syrup?

Reviewed 22 August 2014

After passing by this cute place many many times as I live up the road, I finally stopped yesterday to get a sandwich and check it out. The owner was friendly, and introduced herself and the shop. I had chosen a chicken salad sandwich until she told me of the daily special - a sandwich with peaches, fresh mozzarella, basil, and optional (not for me - mandatory!) proscuitto. Oh my goodness it was delicious. I also enjoyed looking at their cache of interesting food for sale. I see myself stopping here again SOON and probably doing some Christmas stocking shopping here! Loved it - well done!

Reviewed 21 August 2014

A short list of excellent gourmet sandwiches built with locally sourced breads, meats, cheeses and produce. Wife had a killer BLT on Sourdough with chipotle mayo. I had the prosciutto, hand-made mozzarella, fresh peach and basil on baguette. Best sandwiches ever! Pelligrino sodas and water and small batch chips rounded out our meal. Small but high quality selection of local honeys, sauces, chocolates and dips. As a devoted foodie, I obviously bought one of everything to sample later at our Afton VA B&B. Great off-highway stop in the Monticello area near Charlottesville. I'll be back.

Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

Stopped here to get a cheese plate to take to Jefferson Vineyards. It was supposed to be for two but it was barely enough for one. The 5 pistachios were stale as well as some unidentified cranberry biscotti type. Maybe because it was almost closing time? Will not be visiting again.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

Salt is a fine sandwich shop run by an enthusiastic owner, with a short but very interesting sandwich menu, just a few moments away from Monticello. There is plenty of parking space, indoor and outdoor seating and plenty of marvelous home-made goodies to take out as well.

We really enjoyed our sandwiches. The Andouille sausage served with onions, peppers and Dijon mustard was of a very high quality, meaty and spicy enough to be interesting but not overwhelming. The Chicken Salad sandwich made with fresh grapes was delightful. We loved the Iced Coffee and the home-made super-cholocate chip cookies were possibly the finest cookies we've ever eaten. A truly excellent lunch at a fair price. We'll be back for more.