“Hyatt- Charlottesville” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hyatt Place Charlottesville

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Hyatt Place Charlottesville
Ranked #2 of 35 Hotels in Charlottesvill...
GreenLeadersSilver level
Charlottesville, Virginia
“Hyatt- Charlottesville”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

I am a hospitality management student at Concord University in West Virginia, and I have lived in Charlottesville for all of my life. I went to this hotel to "mystery shop" them for a school project. I was to go into the hotel and rate based on décor, front desk staff, and what all the hotel had to offer. When I first walked into the hotel, I immediately noticed how nice the hotel smelled. It felt like home. The inside of the hotel is absolutely beautiful. One of the most beautiful hotels I have ever seen. I could tell that the hotel was very clean and well taken care of by the staff. After reading comments about the horrible customer service, first of all I would like to apologize because that's the whole point of a hotel. If the service is terrible it doesn't matter how beautiful the hotel is. When I did talk to the hotel staff everyone seemed very friendly and greeted me with a smile every time I passed by an employee. They also serve Starbucks coffee 24/7 in their café and have a very nice pool area. I feel that this hotel is decently priced for Charlottesville and will be the new favorite for people who travel frequently to this area. Its been wonderful to see the dramatic change Charlottesville has made within the last 10 years.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Brooke L
Kico H, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Charlottesville, responded to this review, 4 December 2013
Everyone at the Hyatt Place Charlottesville wishes you the best of luck with your career.
Assistant General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Korean first
Manchester, Vermont
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

Great overnight on the way to Cape Hatteras. Brand new modern hotel for a very good price. Friendly and helpful staff. Breakfast buffet included nicely considered dishes with fresh ingredients. Our room had a cozy sitting area and lots of thoughtful amenities. Quite spacious and very comfortable. Call the hotel for directions as it is so new that it does not yet register on GPS or Google Earth. Easy to access and well worth the extra bit of effort to find this fine property.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Kico H, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Charlottesville, responded to this review, 3 December 2013
Thank you for letting other guests know about the directions. Bond Street is brand new and is still not recognized on some sites. We are happy you stayed with us.

Oxford, Mississippi
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL hotel with modern Asian-style decor, but the building is so poorly insulated that we could hear conversations from the room next door and from the hallway, so it was difficult to sleep. Windows were also drafty. I can't imagine that this insulation problem can be fixed.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank manfrommaine
I am pleased to hear you speak of how beautiful our new hotel is, we are very proud of it. I regret that you had a negative experience regarding the noise. I am curious to know if you happened to be in a connecting room, in which case the noise does tend to bleed through a bit more than in a traditional guest room. I will investigate the window draft in some of our rooms. Because the windows are fixed, and do not open, to have a draft is likely a flaw in that particular room. Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback.

North, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

The rooms are very nicely appointed. There is a very nice sectional in each room with an ottoman and throw. For our needs, this was very comfortable as we had others in our party to visit with. The beds were very comfortable. Overall a very nice room. The location is fantastic with shops and restaurants within walking distance. Our favorite was Burton's. Beware some are on the website but hadn't yet opened yet. Would definitely stay here again. Hotel address was not on our GPS, best to call hotel and get Regal Cinema address next door.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for the feedback. We are still having issues with certain GPS sites, the theatre address is 1954 Swanson Dr. Charlottesville Va 22901.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013

Brand new hotel in an upscale shopping complex. Family of four; stayed last weekend in October. Excellent, modern (nice large screen TV) room; we had two queens which came with a nice sofa/sitting area; great breakfast, reasonable rates. Five minutes to UVA. Highly recommended.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Hello Murphy,
Thank you for taking the time to post. I love the TVs here, they are all 42 inches and it is the first hotel I have ever had with all of the plug-ins easily accessible.

Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

First, the staff was great and the room was beautiful. Everything was nice until my fiancé and I got to the room to notice they had given me a handicap accessible room. We walked back and asked if I can have the room I reserved. The guy told me since I had got there later than everyone else, I had got what ever was left. So someone else got my room I reserved. Not cool. Now, this is a Hyatt. I work at a La Quinta, and we don't do that to OUR guests! I am shocked Hyatt does this. The guy tried his best to get me something but the end result is my Fiancé and I stuck with 2 double beds handicap accessible room. I will note the front desk agent did apologize and offered to get us anything we needed. If we hadn't eaten, we could of had a free dinner. Oh well. We made the best of it. We took the 2 double beds and pushed them together!

So another problem happened in the room. The hot water lasted like 5 minutes. I called the front desk, lady answered politely, and I told her the problem. Ten minutes later the maintenance guy checked it out and the shower needed a new handle. He said he will check with front desk and they will get back to us. Wellllll.... we waited almost an hour and nothing. So I called front desk and they said they will have to talk to the maintenance guy. A few minutes later the front desk person said the problem will be fixed by either moving our room (which I would have loved, obviously) or them getting a new handle. We left without a shower( hate that, but had no choice) We got back to the hotel and it was fine. So everything was done by the book coming from someone who has 10 plus years experience in the hotel industry. I just don't like it when a room is reserved and it's not there when you check in! Just because we came in at midnight -- you're suppose to get that room!

The breakfast was good. My fiancé seemed to enjoy it, so I was happy.

Just beware of this. Call the hotel and tell them to not change your room type if it really matters to you.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank A0730
Thank you for providing such detailed feedback. Since you are in the hospitality industry, you understand how valuable this is to us. I will certainly put additional focus on arrivals to see that future guests are placed in the room type that was originally booked. This is a minimal expectation when you arrive at a hotel. I appreciate you noting that things were handled by the book, however I am feeling that the water issue could have been handled more efficiently. We hope to see you back.

illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2013

had a very comfortable stay here and would definitely stay here again. great staff from the very personal manager to the front desk check in clerks everyone was very helpful and professional. Room was clean and had a great layout,overall one of the best place i've stayed at, really enjoyed staying here. They also had a real good breakfast layout in the mornings.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I am very happy you enjoyed your stay with us.