“Everything you could ever want in a hotel!”

Hyatt Place Charlottesville
Ranked #2 of 35 Hotels in Charlottesvill...
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 16 January 2014

I love it here! The staff was so friendly and willing to accomodate me in any way that they could during my entire stay! I was even given a welcome note by the hotel manager upon check-in (what a nice touch)! The location is perfect. You can walk to shops or restaurants nearby, but if you need to go further out, they have a complimentary shuttle service for you. I also loved all the food options on site. They have a great 24 hour menu and also have a Starbucks coffee bar in their lobby. I stay in a lot of hotels and this was by far the best experience I've had. My room was clean and comfortable, and I just love all the modern touches! This is definitely the only place I will stay when traveling to Charlottesville :)

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Kico H, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Charlottesville, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2014

We certainly appreciate you staying with us and sharing your experience with others. I see you mentioned the van which is a ten passenger Mercedes Sprinter. I will share some guidelines for our future guests. We offer van service within a five mile radius of the hotel, which includes UVA and the Downtown Mall. The van runs from 7am to 7pm and we ask that guests make reservations at least ninety minutes in advance. Currently our van does not go to the airport.
I am happy to know we will have an opportunity to host you during your next trip to Charlottesville.

Reviewed 13 January 2014

The hotel is immaculate. The staff is the best. The location is fantastic. The food is great.
The staff and management could get rich training other hotel people on how to run a hotel.
I strongly recommend this hotel to anyone wanting the very best hotel in Charlottesville.

Room Tip: Can't go wrong anywhere in this hotel.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank kenneth j
Kico H, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Charlottesville, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2014

Hello Kenneth J.
We are happy to her that our hotel met your expectations during your time in Charlottesville. The management team here feels fortunate to have a staff that is eager to please. They are all certainly focused on taking care of the guest. I am glad you got to try the food offerings from our 24/7 Gallery menu. To have food available 24 hours a day is a huge bonus for our travelers who arrive late, or are doing business at non-traditional hours. Please consider staying with us again on your next visit to Charlottesville.

Reviewed 13 January 2014

I stayed for just two nights when on business in Charlottesville .
A warm welcome from the staff,a very comfortable bed and pillows, I slept very well.
The Hotel is new and the room furnishings reflect this,nice design with a long sofa for chilling in front of the TV.
I had an afternoon snack, hot and delicious .
The breakfast was very substantial for an "inclusive" deal.
I recommend this Hotel highly.

• Stayed: January 2014

Hello scareyBristol,

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to write a response. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the "comfy corner". Each of our rooms has the type of sofa you described, and the all fold out. Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed 12 January 2014

We recently stayed at the Hyatt Place Charlottesville. It was convenient, clean, reasonably priced and the service was excellent! The staff is very friendly, accommodating and professional and really make you feel like they are glad you are there. The hotel has only been open a few months so everything is updated and new looking. The breakfast is adequate and the eating area is really nice. They have snacks and coffee available 24/7. Shopping and restaurants are close enough to walk to and the John Paul Jones Arena is a 5 minute drive. Also close to Bypass 29. The room was well appointed with a flat screen TV and very comfortable bed. We would stay here again and highly recommend this Hyatt Place!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ScreaminDemon
Kico H, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Charlottesville, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

Hello SecraminDemon,
We certainly appreciate the kind words and you taking the time to review our property. The staff has been doing a great job. Not everyone’s stay is as perfect as yours, but when guests let our staff know something isn’t right, they put forth every effort in trying to correct any issues immediately.

Reviewed 6 January 2014

New Hyatt Place in Charlottesville. Hotel is spotless and the staff is very friendly and helpful. The location is next to a new shopping area and theater. I recommend this Hyatt Place for either a pleasure or business stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Kico H, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Charlottesville, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2014

Hi Gregg,
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to post a review. I see you noticed the cleanliness of the hotel, our housekeeping staff is doing a great job. I will pass along your comments to them.

Reviewed 5 January 2014

Have stayed at a Hyatt Place before and like the brand, but what a great surprise to find this location! When I booked, I had no idea it was located in a nice shopping area, including a movie theater and Trader Joe's, and right off a road that took us everywhere. I also had no idea how darn nice the staff were, but was greeted so warmly on check-in and then every morning at breakfast, including by the cook, that we always felt welcome. Ample parking, really great, clean room and satisfying breakfasts also make this Hyatt Place a winner. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Kico H, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Charlottesville, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

Hello Traveling CAGirl,
The Shops at Stonefield is a new development and has just about everything a guest could need. Thank you for recognizing the staff, they take a lot of pride in the hotel and are very eager to please. We are happy to know you will be staying with us in the future.

Reviewed 2 January 2014

I've been waiting for this hotel to open. I'm a fan of the Hyatt Place hotels and this is a great addition to Charlottesville. Great location. Loved that I could walk to restaurants. Convenient to the university. Really enjoyed staying in a brand new hotel!

I requested a room on a low floor and was given one, which I appreciated. I'm amazed at how many hotels don't honor this request.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank nyf_26
Kico H, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Charlottesville, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2014

Hello NYF,

It is great to hear we were able to honor your request. Our AM Gallery Hosts do an excellent job of reviewing reservations in order to prepare for the days arrivals. It is always easier for us when the request is made in advance rather than the point of check-in. I hope that we see you again on your next trip to the area.