All reviewsmovie theatergreat locationshopping areatrader joessitting areafree breakfastwalking distancehotel is locatednice hotelexcellent place to stayrestaurants and shopsfront desk staffwould definitely stay here againthe breakfast arearooms are largenice breakfastgreat room
Reviewed 20 October 2017

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
Carrie J, Manager at Hyatt Place Charlottesville, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2017

Reviewed 19 October 2017

It is a Hyatt - so we expected a little more from this hotel. It was very clean and spacious. The staff was very nice and helpful - and very accommodating. The breakfast was good and not - one thing that was disappointing was, we stayed for 2 nights - and the breakfast both days was the same. I was hoping for a little variety.

The other thing that I would have to say about this hotel is that the room that we stayed in, we could hear every door shut in the hallway. We could hear complete conversations of other guests in the hallway and every time a guest took the stairs, we heard every step! So noise was not really an issue - just an observation.

The final thing I would like to say about this room - we had difficulty regulating the air flow. We had the temp set at 75, but the room stayed much cooler than that. We turned the fan to "auto" but it did not help regulate the temperature. The fan blew right on the bed - which was uncomfortable.

Room Tip: Not near the stairs!
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you EaMcJohn for taking the time to submit a review of the Hyatt Place Charlottesville. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast but I apologize for the lack of variety. We do offer "Make Your Own" breakfast bowls that change every morning, however some days the schedule does serve two of the same for back-to-back days. I appreciate you bringing this to my attention. As for the room conditions, I would love to follow up with you for more information. I have provided my contact information below if you would like to get in touch with me. I value your feedback and we hope the next time you are in the area you will stay with us again.

Carrie Jones
Sales Manager
T +1 434 995 5200 ext. 5105
E carrie.jones@hyatt.com

Reviewed 19 October 2017

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 16 October 2017

This hotel is very clean and comfortable. It is really a "businessman oriented" hotel. Very "industrial" architecture and furnishings-not "homey", but very comfortable. The staff was welcoming and efficient. The breakfast was truly above average.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends

Thank you aspenbc for taking the time to review the Hyatt Place. Though we may cater to a good number of business travelers, we do try to make our establishment as cozy as possible for our leisure guests. For any future guests, breakfast is always included with your stay. We appreciate all of your feedback and hope to see you again on your next trip through Charlottesville.

Reviewed 16 October 2017