“Delightful Afternoon Out”
Review of Charlottesville Food Tour - CLOSED

Charlottesville Food Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: A Charlottesville Food Tour is a fun, casual way to sample the sights, sounds, and tastes of downtown C'ville! Perfect for visitors to Monticello and Charlottesville, UVA students and their families, and those who live in the area/region who are looking for a new way to experience downtown! Over the course of 3 hours, we visit anywhere from 6 to 8 local restaurants and food retailers for samples and tastings of the best food and drink C'ville has to offer. Your ticket price includes all of the food and drink you'll have on the tour! We visit locally owned partners that source many of their ingredients and products from local farms and providers. Along the way, learn more about the great history, architecture, and culture that make Charlottesville such a great place to live, work, play...and eat!
Palmyra, Virginia
“Delightful Afternoon Out”
Reviewed 25 November 2013

This is the perfect way to experience the area - for visitors and locals. Even though my friends and I are locals, we discovered places we did not even know were here. It's an excellent way to sample items on local restaurants' menus; we now know which local restaurant we want to come back to for lunch or dinner. The walking tour was an easy, comfortable stroll; it was not too long, nor too tiring. Rachel and Peter are very professional and a delight as tour guides. I highly recommend it.

Visited November 2013

Chesterfield, Virginia, United States
“Fun in C'Ville”
Reviewed 10 November 2013

An amazing tour!! What a fun activity to do in Charlottesville! Would love to do the dinner tour next. Rachel did a wonderful job filling us in on the history of the Downtown area and we enjoyed all of the tour stops that Pete and Rachel chose. Will definitely share this with our friends and family!!

Visited November 2013
Lynchburg, Virginia
“Unforgettable!”
Reviewed 30 October 2013

I can not stop thinking about the amazing food I sampled on this one-of-a-kind tour. Each dish and beverage had such unique and satisfying flavors they were hard to forget. The hosts Peter and Rachel did an excellent job of choosing a variety of foods that represent the best that each restaurant had to offer. I felt like a VIP as I listened to each chef or owner describe the care an thought that went into preparing the meal. This tour is a must for anyone visiting the area. Very good value for three hours of sampling incredible food and drink.

Charlottesville, Virginia
“Perfect for girls night!”
Reviewed 29 October 2013

We had a blast getting to try and see new places in the downtown area we had never been to. This is the perfect way to experience Charlottesville if you are a local or even new!

Lynchburg, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Sign me up for another tour!”
Reviewed 28 October 2013

My friends and I recently took the early afternoon “Downtown Delights Tour” and hands down, had the best time that we’ve ever had in Charlottesville! Our tour guides, Rachel and Peter, introduced us to the hidden gems of the downtown Charlottesville mall, where we had the opportunity to learn about and try a variety of spices, chocolates, cheeses, coffees, drinks, and fine local cuisines of the restaurants & businesses that even the locals may not be familiar with. It’s not often that I’ll proudly admit this, but I even got to design my own cupcake and had a blast doing so. Just be sure to bring an empty stomach, for you’re going to want to try everything and should! For foodies and non-foodies alike, it most definitely is a great way to spend a Saturday morning / early afternoon discovering the great tastes of Charlottesville. I can’t wait to try out the dinner tour!

2 Thank Raymond W