“Crazy Good Thai !” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Lunch
Charlottesville, Virginia
“Crazy Good Thai !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2014

I do love Thai food, more toward the spicy side and all the exotic flavors are just what I enjoy. Eddie, the owner who has a long successful history in the Thai Restaurant business is exceptionally good a preparing fantastic Thai cuisine. I can’t say enough about his latest restaurant, I have visited 4-6 times both lunch and dinner and I’m hooked. I’m a sucker for good Pad-Se-Ew and at Bangkok 99 it is nicely prepared with generous amounts of chicken and spiced perfectly. My most favorite really is the Tom Yum soup, complex and delicious. There is a clear broth or soup they sever with the lunch specials that is garlicky and crazy good, I actually go at lunch and order a large to-go container to take home, it’s not on the menu but he said he can make it anytime I ask. Lunch specials are a good value @ $6.99 with about a dozen choices. Off the salad/appetizer menu they have a spicy shrimp salad that is mouth-watering delicous, huge shrimp, finely sliced veggies in an amazing light spicy sauce. Can’t wait to go back!

Visited December 2013