“Average hotel at abovie average prices”

Hilton Garden Inn Charlottesville
Ranked #8 of 35 Hotels in Charlottesvill...
Washington, D.C.
“Average hotel at abovie average prices”
Reviewed 3 July 2012

Everything about the place was very average. I was annoyed that the cleaning staff didn't get to our room all day Saturday when we were out and about, and instead knocked on our door at 5 pm when we were getting dressed for the wedding which had brought us to town. As the mother of three young children, having someone else tidy up my room is the very best part of staying in a hotel, so I was bummed to miss out on that. That said, we were here over the weekend of the crazy storm that left millions without power. We were comfy and cool all weekend long - probably just dumb luck, but we felt very fortunate. The pool is small, but my kiddies loved it. Also, we were given a handicap accessible room which was huuuuuuuge. We could have had a roller derby in there. Anyway - bottom line is there's nothing wrong with the place, but the price seemed a bit crazy.

• Stayed June 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Suffolk, Virginia
Reviewed 28 June 2012

I stayed here sometime in the last 6 months.I thought it was a wonderful hotel.The only complaint I had was that it was advertised as having sleep number beds.When we got there they said it was only in king rooms. I asked to see manager and the front lady kept saying she was busy.Anyway it still is a wonderful hotel.
Like I told manager later on when I got home was that I picked that place specifically because my husband and myself was thinking about buying a sleep number and we thought a good way to try it out.Manager ended up calling me cause I rated this on TripAdvisor and I told her had a wonderful time. Did not like that front desk gave me a run around but still ok. Said I would for sure stay again.She said next time you stay we will give you and your guest free breakfast. Well I reserved room for 2 days this weekend. I called and email and have never gotten a response.Just feel like I was blown off again. Still great hotel. I just know that Hilton people always go above and beyond. I didnt ask for anything she offered so just disappointed that it wasnt big deal to them. But I will rate hotel again after weekend.The free breakfast will not be an issue at all.

1 Thank pennysmithmyboys
Loretto, Tennessee
Reviewed 26 June 2012

The Hilton Garden Inn at Charlottesville, VA is a wonderful hotel that I highly recommend. The staff is friendly and very helpful. A lady at the front desk spent 15 minutes to try to find a place that offered horseback riding, above and beyond the service I expected. The hotel is clean and smells fresh, and the beds are so comfy! We only dined with them for breakfast once because of the outrageous prices (Paris Hilton has to grab her money somehow) but the breakfast was very good, even better than the breakfast at Tip Top Restaurant. The pool and fitness center are also very nice, and handicapped equipped.

Rhinebeck, New York
Reviewed 26 June 2012

This was a very comfortable, welcoming experience. The staff really has their act together, from Elizabeth Ash at the desk when we checked in and her great engagement with us suggesting the downtown Charlottesville restaurant area for dinner, to delicious full breakfasts, and van service at our beck and call (which we used a half dozen times). Perfect location (for Monticello which was our focus) and beautiful setting.

Room Tip: We had a second floor room overlooking the lake, gorgeous.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Bradenton, Florida
Reviewed 18 June 2012

The staff was excellent. The room was very clean. Breakfast was wonderful.

Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 17 June 2012

When you travel a bit and stay in Hilton properties regularly, the difference in one Graden Inn to another is often the surroundings and level of service. That is certainly the case here.

The hotel is in a very nice area right off I-64. There is both a medical and professional complex next door, and they are very nice with beautiful landscaping. This is the case with the hotel also.

Upon check-in, we could not have been treated better. They were all so freindly and helpful. We received an incentive to eat in and great advice about seeing UVA and local restaurants. The condition of the lobby, restaurant and common areas is exceptional. Eveything is very clean, well decorated and well maintained.

The room was very comfortable. Two comfortable queen beds, fridge and good TV. Nice size clean bathroom too. We had people in rooms near us but could not hear a thing, so we all got a very good night's rest.

We found nothing wrong with our stay and a lot right. I highly recommend this property.

Room Tip: The back of the hotel has a very nice view of a small lake with swans.
New York, NY
Reviewed 13 June 2012

The staff is very nice, the room is very nice, the gym is nice. Not right in downtown Charlottesville, a bit outside of town. I stayed there in November and again in May. We had breakfast the first time at the hotel, also very nice. I'm very pleased with it. Hotel seems new and is very clean.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends