The Clifton Inn is a remarkable place. They do it all for their guests. We arrived, were given a short tour of the property, offered freshly baked cookies, and then were assisted with getting our luggage to our room. The room was just lovely with white furnishings, a stone shower, and a claw tub. We enjoyed afternoon tea on the balcony of the restaurant and then walked around the grounds. We also had two wooden deck chairs just outside that we thoroughly enjoyed. The dinner was incredible and then we arrived back to a small treat on our bed...two small delicious cookies and the weather for the following day. A paper was delivered to our door in the morning and then we enjoyed another delicious meal. We were sent off with more yummy cookies as we checked out. A delightful, charming place! I can't wait to go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The internationally renowned Clifton Inn, named the "Best Hotel in Charlottesville," and one of USA Today''s "10 best Southern fine dining restaurants" boasts 17 stunning guest suites and five unique dining venues. Relax by the fireplace with a speciality cocktail, escape to the wine cellar for a private dining experience, or enjoy casual a la carte dining on the veranda. Situated on 100 acres of rolling hills just 7 miles east of downtown, the dramatic infinity edge pool, miles of walking trails, and lake front views make Clifton the most desired hotel, dining, and special event choice in Charlottesville. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Clifton Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clifton Hotel Charlottesville
- Country Inn Charlottesville
- Charlottesville Country Inn