We spent three days at the Clifton Inn while enjoying the beauty of the Virginia countryside in May. We stayed in the Blue Ridge Suite, a charming, springy suite...right down to the chartreuse walls. If you're a gardener or just enjoy admiring someone else's, the Clifton's grounds are paradise. The staff is very professional and helpful without being intrusive.They are knowledgeable about the area and can make helpful recommendations about things to do, which wineries are worth your while, restaurants in town etc.The cuisine is of the highest quality and sourced locally and therefore changes seasonally.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The internationally renowned Clifton Inn, named the "Best Hotel in Charlottesville," and one of USA Today''s "10 best Southern fine dining restaurants" boasts 17 stunning guest suites and five unique dining venues. Relax by the fireplace with a speciality cocktail, escape to the wine cellar for a private dining experience, or enjoy casual a la carte dining on the veranda. Situated on 100 acres of rolling hills just 7 miles east of downtown, the dramatic infinity edge pool, miles of walking trails, and lake front views make Clifton the most desired hotel, dining, and special event choice in Charlottesville. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Clifton Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clifton Hotel Charlottesville
- Country Inn Charlottesville
- Charlottesville Country Inn