My husband and I recently stayed two nights at the Clifton Inn while visiting the Charlottesville area. The location is great as the inn is close to Monticello and a few minutes from Charlottesville. The grounds are lovely. We enjoyed the afternoon tea and ate at the restaurant for dinner one evening. The meal was excellent and the service outstanding. Since we were celebrating our anniversary, we were offered free glasses of champagne. A continental breakfast is included with the room but the inn also has extra items which can be ordered for more hearty appetites. Every staff member seemed truly interested in providing excellent service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The internationally renowned Clifton Inn, named the "Best Hotel in Charlottesville," and one of USA Today''s "10 best Southern fine dining restaurants" boasts 17 stunning guest suites and five unique dining venues. Relax by the fireplace with a speciality cocktail, escape to the wine cellar for a private dining experience, or enjoy casual a la carte dining on the veranda. Situated on 100 acres of rolling hills just 7 miles east of downtown, the dramatic infinity edge pool, miles of walking trails, and lake front views make Clifton the most desired hotel, dining, and special event choice in Charlottesville. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Clifton Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clifton Hotel Charlottesville
- Country Inn Charlottesville
- Charlottesville Country Inn