My husband and I decided to plan a little day trip to enjoy the Virginia wine country while visiting my parents in Ashland. After reading many reviews and searching other properties we settled on the Clifton for our one night stay. The inn is absolutely beautiful, peaceful, conveniently located, and the staff is wonderful. From the time I was greeted over the phone while making my reservation, to the moment I left, I was treated with kindness and professionalism. The staff was welcoming and eager to assist with recommendations for local points of interest and restaurants. We stayed in the Merriwether Suite which was adorable, very private, and complete with an antique clawfoot tub!! Make sure not to miss the afternoon tea which we enjoyed on the back porch despite the heat! The baked goods are to die for!! We are already looking forward to another visit!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The internationally renowned Clifton Inn, named the "Best Hotel in Charlottesville," and one of USA Today''s "10 best Southern fine dining restaurants" boasts 17 stunning guest suites and five unique dining venues. Relax by the fireplace with a speciality cocktail, escape to the wine cellar for a private dining experience, or enjoy casual a la carte dining on the veranda. Situated on 100 acres of rolling hills just 7 miles east of downtown, the dramatic infinity edge pool, miles of walking trails, and lake front views make Clifton the most desired hotel, dining, and special event choice in Charlottesville. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your Clifton Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clifton Hotel Charlottesville
- Country Inn Charlottesville
- Charlottesville Country Inn