We were only able to stay one night.....the pluses: it was a great location, people were friendly, food was great, and room was clean and quaint. Now for the negatives: while someone helped bring our bags to our room and down, no one offered to get our car and take our bags to the car. They watched as we dragged our bags out... Very poor!!!!
Both inside and out, there was rust, things needed to be touched up... walls, in the bathrooms, and common areas.
I know this is picky, but for dinner I was not offered either black and/or white cloth napkin, depending on your color pants. Most fine dining restaurants do this as a matter course!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The internationally renowned Clifton Inn, named the "Best Hotel in Charlottesville," and one of USA Today''s "10 best Southern fine dining restaurants" boasts 17 stunning guest suites and five unique dining venues. Relax by the fireplace with a speciality cocktail, escape to the wine cellar for a private dining experience, or enjoy casual a la carte dining on the veranda. Situated on 100 acres of rolling hills just 7 miles east of downtown, the dramatic infinity edge pool, miles of walking trails, and lake front views make Clifton the most desired hotel, dining, and special event choice in Charlottesville. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Clifton Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clifton Hotel Charlottesville
- Country Inn Charlottesville
- Charlottesville Country Inn