We just returned from a short visit, this is the place to stay at if you are just in the neighborhood or visiting Monticello as we did, a short drive away. Our room was updated to the Honeymoon Cottage and we couldn't believe how elegant and lovely it was, housed in a separate building, just a short walk to the dining room. The amenities, after dinner drinks, chocolates, late afternoon teas all are part of the lovely, warm staff who couldn't be more inviting or friendly. The outdoor pool and spa is gorgeous. Don't miss staying here and ask for this room if traveling as a couple. The dinner was absolutely delicious--thoughtfully and beautifully prepared and served.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The internationally renowned Clifton Inn, named the "Best Hotel in Charlottesville," and one of USA Today''s "10 best Southern fine dining restaurants" boasts 17 stunning guest suites and five unique dining venues. Relax by the fireplace with a speciality cocktail, escape to the wine cellar for a private dining experience, or enjoy casual a la carte dining on the veranda. Situated on 100 acres of rolling hills just 7 miles east of downtown, the dramatic infinity edge pool, miles of walking trails, and lake front views make Clifton the most desired hotel, dining, and special event choice in Charlottesville. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Ebookers so you can book your Clifton Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clifton Hotel Charlottesville
- Country Inn Charlottesville
- Charlottesville Country Inn