I came here with one of my best girlfriends to indulge in a much needed getaway. As soon as I arrived on the property my mind was cleared of any stress I had back in the real world. The beauty and serenity at the Clifton Inn quickly washed all of it away. We stayed in the cottages by the lake that historically were considered the pig stalls. They were charming, sweetly decortated yet still modern. The Clifton Inn staff were incredibly friendly and accomodating. The owner, desk manager, waiters, all make sure to take part in your experience and get to know you. The food was wonderful and special as well. The dinner menu was unique and reflected the culture of the Charlottesville area. I would recommend this hotel to any and all. Expect to slow down, breathe and appreciate all that is around you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The internationally renowned Clifton Inn, named the "Best Hotel in Charlottesville," and one of USA Today''s "10 best Southern fine dining restaurants" boasts 17 stunning guest suites and five unique dining venues. Relax by the fireplace with a speciality cocktail, escape to the wine cellar for a private dining experience, or enjoy casual a la carte dining on the veranda. Situated on 100 acres of rolling hills just 7 miles east of downtown, the dramatic infinity edge pool, miles of walking trails, and lake front views make Clifton the most desired hotel, dining, and special event choice in Charlottesville. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Clifton Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clifton Hotel Charlottesville
- Country Inn Charlottesville
- Charlottesville Country Inn