We had an excellent time at the Clifton Inn. We went for two nights and were unexpectedly upgraded into the luxurious Monticello suite. The first night we enjoyed a delicious 4-course meal, including a great scallops, and a very good duck confit. We were constantly overwhelmed by the friendly and professional service. At dinner, my wife ordered a drink, which she thought was too sweet, and without her even saying anything, the waitress noticed and asked the bartender to make her another one. The manager and staff were very knowledgeable about nearby wineries and restaurants to visit. This was one of the best places we have stayed in, not only in the Charlottesville area, but in greater DC. We have recommended it to our friends and will hope to go back soon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The internationally renowned Clifton Inn, named the "Best Hotel in Charlottesville," and one of USA Today''s "10 best Southern fine dining restaurants" boasts 17 stunning guest suites and five unique dining venues. Relax by the fireplace with a speciality cocktail, escape to the wine cellar for a private dining experience, or enjoy casual a la carte dining on the veranda. Situated on 100 acres of rolling hills just 7 miles east of downtown, the dramatic infinity edge pool, miles of walking trails, and lake front views make Clifton the most desired hotel, dining, and special event choice in Charlottesville. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Clifton Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clifton Hotel Charlottesville
- Country Inn Charlottesville
- Charlottesville Country Inn