So close to Monticello and a five minute drive to the famous Blue Ridge Mountains and Shenandoah valley, this beautiful house and stables/cottages were a delight. The restaurant served great food and wine, but also came up with a delicious light snack when we were overwhelmed by American food! The staff were super friendly, engaged and knowledgeable, and the gardens had a classy pool and jacuzzi which blended perfectly into the surroundings (no dayglow blue - beautiful slate).
I can highly recommend this place for a proper rest.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The internationally renowned Clifton Inn, named the "Best Hotel in Charlottesville," and one of USA Today''s "10 best Southern fine dining restaurants" boasts 17 stunning guest suites and five unique dining venues. Relax by the fireplace with a speciality cocktail, escape to the wine cellar for a private dining experience, or enjoy casual a la carte dining on the veranda. Situated on 100 acres of rolling hills just 7 miles east of downtown, the dramatic infinity edge pool, miles of walking trails, and lake front views make Clifton the most desired hotel, dining, and special event choice in Charlottesville. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Clifton Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clifton Hotel Charlottesville
- Country Inn Charlottesville
- Charlottesville Country Inn