“Wonderful Retreat from Washington”
Review of Foxfield Inn

Foxfield Inn
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Foxfield Inn was a great spot for a getaway with my wife. Dan and Kathryn greeted us upon arrival. There was a fire going in the main room, with wine and hors d'oeuvres set out. Waiting in our room was the beautiful seasonal bouquet of flowers I'd ordered, along with a plate of chocolate covered strawberries (delicious). The bedsheets were without a doubt the most comfortable we've ever slept in. The next morning, enjoyed conversation with other guests around the breakfast table -- my favorite meal was the second day's menu. Potato frittata, hickory smoked bacon, tomatoes, and for desert, a scrumptious mini pecan pie. Albemarle County area provides plenty of enjoyable diversions. It's beautiful country, including the mountains visible over the treeline from the window of our room in the inn. We toured Monticello and UVA's "Academical Village" (UNESCO World Heritage site), and also strolled the pedestrian walkway in downtown Charlottesville. Foxfield Inn is a nice spot for a restful retreat, and we'd stay there again.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

Our first experience at Foxfield Inn, and it hit the nail on the head! Immaculate, well organized (guest's special kitchen area for after hours loaded with tons of tea, coffee, hot chocolate, water, soda and yummy homemade cookies!), special happy hour of delicious hors'doerves and local wines, tons of movies and ample info of places to visit and explore. Oh and did I forget, the breakfast spread was delicious. I would definitely stay here again and have already recommended this lovely place to friends.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

The Inn was great, and the hospitality even better. Kathryn has ruined breakfast for me - I'll never be able to compete with her creations! I would highly recommend the Foxfield to anyone looking to stay in the Charlottesville area.

Reviewed 1 November 2013 via mobile

Foxfield Is a lovely inn with delightful hosts and a terrific breakfast. Chocolate chip cookies were good, too! After a long day of driving, the jacuzzi tub was a welcome luxury. You couldn't ask for a more satisfying place to rest your head.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 October 2013

The inn is beautiful. The customer service was exceptional and the attention to detail was unmatched by anywhere we have ever stayed. You will love this experience!!!

I can't tell you how impressed we were with the amount of detail that was put into the inn, the rooms, and of course the amazing breakfast. It was my girlfriends birthday and in our room was a birthday card. Little touches like that are abound at foxfield inn. I Will be back and you will too

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 10 October 2013

After going to graduate school many many years ago at UVA, I was excited to visit the sleepy little southern town I remembered from the early 1970's. Wow ...what a change! Charlottesville is now a metropolis and the University has grown exponentially...particularly the medical center. I loved the downtown pedestrian mall (which did not exist in my day...but was glad to see The Nook still survives) and enjoyed the quiet peaceful respite Foxfield Inn provided. Our hosts were friendly and helpful and responded not only to my dietary needs with a delicious breakfast option but to all kinds of food requests. A lovely inn and within just a few minutes from the hustle bustle of Charlottesville.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 October 2013

We stayed one night while in town for a wedding and celebrating our 2 year anniversary. Foxfield Inn was the perfect place to experience Virginia and the Charlottesville area in September. We were greeted with a glass of wine or beer from local vineyards and breweries, the grounds were perfect for sitting and relaxing or going for a short nature walk and the breakfast was the best I have had at a B&B. Three courses and amazing service. We would absolutely return should we find ourselves in the area again. Highly recommend!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple