“Peaceful getaway in perfect location”
Review of Foxfield Inn

Foxfield Inn
GreenLeadersBronze level
Leesburg, Virginia
“Peaceful getaway in perfect location”
Reviewed 12 March 2014

My husband and I came for our honeymoon and loved it! The inn is in a wonderful location, and has a peaceful, quiet and relaxing atmosphere. It's very nicely decorated and has two sitting rooms with books and games and a movie collection which are very comfortable. The rooms are very pleasant and private and have lovely views! Our room had a fireplace and jacuzzi in it which definitely added to the charm. There were snacks and drinks available all the time which was really nice when we stayed in. Breakfasts are delicious and the inn keepers Dan and Kathryn are extremely accommodating and friendly. I would highly recommend this inn to anyone looking for a getaway! The Charlottesville area is great and we didn't have to drive more than 20 minutes to get anywhere we wanted to go from the inn.

• Stayed March 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 6 March 2014

From start to finish, Dan & Kathryn (proprietors), made us feel like we were royalty. Upon our arrival, we were given a comprehensive tour of the entire lovely inn and grounds, including the invitation to enjoy all that was provided in the self-serve snack area availed 24 hours (fresh fruit, freshly baked cookies, steamy carafes with fresh coffee every morning among the many amenities!). Kathryn was a wealth of information when it came to our questions regarding things to do while visiting Charlottesville. We had reserved "The Rose Room", and, as promised, it was truly the loveliest room in the house! Fireplace, jacuzzi tub, bay window looking out over the gazebo and hot tub just steps away...and every personal item one could imagine (& then some) within the room was provided for our comfort. Each evening we enjoyed light yet elegant hors d'oeuvres with lovely wine, each morning a most fabulous gourmet breakfast. Relaxed pampered experience that we can not wait to repeat again very soon. Thank you, Dan & Kathryn.

Room Tip: Rose Room was very well-appointed and highly recommended.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Williamsburg, Virginia
Reviewed 2 March 2014

My husband surprised me with a little weekend getaway that he planned and we stayed at the Foxfield Inn. What a great place! Dan and Kathryn were very welcoming and gave us a tour of the inn as we arrived even late Friday evening. We stayed in the Audubon room and loved every little attention to detail. Our room had a remote controlled fireplace, two person Jacuzzi tub, and my husband ordered wine and roses for our room. We enjoyed everything, including the three course breakfast that included meat and eggs from the organic farm across the street and homemade vanilla bean ice cream! The hot tub outside was wonderful and the wine and cheese set out in the early evening was nice to take outside and watch the sun set. We have recommended it to others (my sister will be staying here next month based on our recommendation) and will continue to do so! Lovely, well appointed little inn....we love it! Bravo Dan and Kathryn!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Krystal A
Oakton, Virginia
Reviewed 20 February 2014

My husband and I really enjoyed our stay at Foxfield Inn! When we arrived at the Inn, the Inn keepers (Dan & Kathryn) welcomed us by our names. They asked us if we wanted a glass of wine, and gave us a tour of the house. The Inn is very clean, quiet, and peaceful. We stayed in the Audubon Room. I loved the little bird decorations throughout this room! Its a very romantic room! The room is very spacious and features a lovely fire place, a canopy bed, a bay window, and a spacious two person Jacuzzi bathtub. We also took advantage of the spacious hot tub outside the inn! Also, the breakfast at Foxfield Inn was prepared beautifully every morning. The breakfast is a 3 course meal. My favorite breakfast meal during my stay was: coconut muffins with fruit, waffles with homemade pork sausage, and then a homemade pistachio vanilla ice cream for dessert. There is also delicious home made cookies, coffee, and soft-drinks provided in the communal kitchen at all times. There are also pleanty of things to do around the inn. The inn is relatively close to the Downtown Mall which has plenty of delicious restaurants to dine at and unique stored to visit. The Inn is also nearby wineries and the Shenandoah Valley if you are a nature person. I definitely recommend this Inn for a nice little getaway.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Washington, DC
Reviewed 3 February 2014

This is our fourth B&B we've stayed at and we enjoyed ourselves. Our room (the Audubon) was very nice with a jacuzzi tub, fireplace that worked well and a nice loveseat and very cute bird decorations. There were lots of nice touches like a makeup cloth, toiletries incase you forgot and nice soaps/lotions. It was very cozy. The mattress was a bit firm for my taste and it certainly was high to get on the poster bed. The biggest complaint I had was that though the up-down blinds provide great privacy and are very nice, they let in a ton of light and there were no curtains to cover it up, so as a light sleeper this made it harder to sleep in.

In terms of the inn itself, they had a hot tub, which was a first for a B&B for us and we were very happy about that! They also had a really nice sitting area and tons of books, games and DVDs. I could easily see spending a day relaxing at the inn and finding things to do! They also had very tasty hors d'oeuvres and wine from 5-7 PM each day as well as a 24-7 area for tea, coffee, hot chocolate, and cookies. The cookies were pleasant, but none particularly exciting with some more unusual flavors (and none with chocolate!)

Finally, the breakfasts themselves were good, not great. It is nice that they give alternates for the main part of the meal, but a lot of the tastes are pretty specific. The first course includes some kind of muffin or danish (I liked both, my husband doesn't love danish) and fruit. Both days included pretty tart fruit, so I was out of luck on that. The first day, we had orange and marmelade french toast casserole. I don't like orange or marmelade so probably should have gotten the alternatives, but scrambled eggs, oatmeal and yogurt were things I can have at home so wanted to try something unique. Likewise, the second day, I loved the asparagus and eggs and ham dish, but my husband prefers sweet meals and got the waffles, but they were a bit overcooked and were lemon poppyseed (again, a pretty specific taste). The first day, we had little ice cream sundaes as the third course, which was nice, but maybe not what I'd choose for breakfast and the second day, they were fruit tartlets, which neither of us were thrilled by.

Overall, it was a nice place, but for the price, I'm not sure I'd run back.

Room Tip: Audubon is closer to the street and lets in a lot of light, but is at the back so you won't be d...
1 Thank rtoblin
Silver Spring, Maryland
Reviewed 22 January 2014

We just had a fabulous weekend away in Charlottesville! Sad to say but after 15 years of marriage we were finally making some time for ourselves! The Foxfield Inn was the perfect getaway retreat! Dan and Kathryn were wonderful! The food was fabulous! Kathryn is a goumet Chef and Dan is a wonderful conversationalist! There is something for everyone to enjoy at the Inn as well as in Charlottesville! We are having a hard time readjusting to reality!

Glen Allen, Virginia
Reviewed 22 January 2014

My husband and I recently spent a wonderful weekend in the beautiful Foxfield Inn. Our garden room was lovely. Even in mid-January, the view from the bay window was lovely. Dan and Kathryn were charming hosts. We were spoiled by the three-course breakfasts complete with dessert(even homemade vanilla ice cream that was the best I have had!!)