“Perfection in Every Respect” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Foxfield Inn

Foxfield Inn
GreenLeadersBronze level
NC
“Perfection in Every Respect”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2005

I travel every week on business, and though I have probably experienced hotel amenities at every level, I cannot recall a more complete experience than the Foxfield Inn. It is exquisite in every detail. The setting is serene; the Inn is a contemporary, ranch-style home in beautiful surroundings in the countryside just outside Charlottesville. The Innkeepers, Mary Pat and John Hulbert, are personable and warm, ready to meet any need that their guests may have. One look around my room was all it took to see that no detail was left unattended. My room was spotlessly clean and comfortable. The only thing I needed was more time to enjoy the Foxfield Inn! During both of my stays other guests were also present at the Inn. Mary Pat easily accomodated our schedules for breakfast the next morning. I enjoyed dining with other guests and the meals were expertly prepared. During my second visit my daughter flew in to tour the University of Virginia campus. Our room contained a pull out couch, and still had plenty of room for both of us to feel comfortable. I plan to stay there whenever I visit Charlottesville.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2005

My wife & I celebrated our 48th wedding anniversary at Foxfield Inn and found it to be truly outstanding! The breakfast was amazing.
George & Michelle

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2005

I took my finace to the Foxfield Inn for her birthday weekend in Charlottesville, VA. Our stay at Foxfield was, well, amazing! Mary Pat and John are incredibly gracious hosts, the rooms are beautiful, and the breakfasts were over the top. The amenities like the fireplace, 2 person jacuzzi tub, hot tub on the deck, wine, roses, and the portrait John took of us just made everything perfect. Talk about romantic! We stayed in the Rose Room and felt at home immediately. Mary Pat is so sweet and was very helpful in directing us around town to make the most of our stay. Monitcello isn't far, there are wineries everywhere, the Inn itself is out in the country about 13 miles from town and the drive was beautiful. The romantic getaway package is the way to go! We ate at L'etoile, a fine dining french restaraunt and had the most incredible meal and the wine got us both a little silly, it was so much fun. Plus, John chauffered us to and from the restaraunt in their Mercedes! I give this Inn a rave review because they deserve it and because they were the B & B that offered the most and delivered above and beyond. Thanks Mary Pat and John!
With love
Jordan and Mary

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2005

We have stayed in many Virginia and North Carolina B& B's and this inn tops them all. The owners, Mary Pat and John go way beyond what I have experienced in the past with service and comfort in their beautiful inn. The rooms are better than the internet photos. which is a first for me. The Breakfasts were wonderful, the extras, bottle water, popcorn, cookies, tea, all the toiletries, the spa towels, comfortable pillows and bedding, etc, what you would expect at a five star resort is all there and more in a quaint setting in Charlottesville.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2004

We stayed in the Rose room. The pictures on the web page were so attractive we couldn't resist. The room met all of our expectations and more.

The hosts were charming, friendly and helpful. The breakfasts were outstanding. We have been to many B and B's--The Foxfield Inn was certainly among the two or three best. We recommend it highly.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2004

We found the Foxfield Inn to be everything we were looking for and more. The setting, common rooms and private rooms were elegantly decorated and very welcoming. The owners John and Mary Pat went beyond the norm in providing us with everything we needed before we knew we needed them. We took advantage of the Special Occasion package and loved the extras. We can't wait to go back!

• Stayed December 2004
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2004

We've stayed at the Foxfield Inn twice; neither time were we disappointed. Mary Pat and John have a lovely home and they make you feel welcome at every turn. From the homemade cookies to turning down your bed each night, every detail makes your stay special. Breakfast is always delicious and Mary Pat and John facilitate conversation with ease. They know the best places in Charlottesville, whether you're looking for outdoor activity, a light lunch or a fancy dinner. We highly recommend this inn and will definitely stay there again.