“Fantastic Bed and Breakfast”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Charlottesville
The Silver Thatch Inn
Reviewed 22 July 2008

The Silver Thatch Inn was fantastic! The food in the restaurant was amazing -- our dinner was wonderful. The inn is charming, full of character, AMAZINGLY clean and the staff was polite, prompt and friendly. My husband and I had no complaints about this inn. Thanks for a fabulous stay!

Stayed: July 2008
There are newer reviews for The Silver Thatch Inn

Reviewed 4 March 2008

My husband and I received a gift certificate to the Silver Thatch from friends. We stayed one night and had a wonderful time. The staff was friendly and helpful and our room, the Jefferson, was great. The room is in the main house and right above the main hallway of the Inn, but we found the room to be quiet and comfortable. Everything in the room and throughout the Inn was very clean and the food was amazing (make reservations for dinner.) The Inn is located among a few neighborhood developments, but once inside, we felt like we were miles away from anyone. Would definitely recommend a stay here!

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TRLYenser
Reviewed 28 February 2008

Just returned from a quick overnight getaway at Silver Thatch Inn. I read some reviews before going as it was on the high end of price for an overnight. I read some not so good and some excellent reviews so, what the heck.

I will not only go back to the Silver Thatch Inn, I would recommend it to anyone. The service is beyond compare. The atmosphere is the definition of quaint. High end but not stuffy.

We stayed in the Thomas Jefferson Room and as this was a get away for my husband and myself to "reconnect" I was worried about privacy in a B&B. The Jefferson room offers ample privacy, great space and a wonderful, comfortable, king sized bed. I am still trying to figure out how they get the sheets so soft.

I told my husband as we left that in the coming weeks, if I get a bit down, I will just think about that fabulous meal and it will bring a smile to my lips. I have had very good Filet Mignon before and this was very very good. I have to say the chef's take on potatoes was unbelievable. Who would have ever thought of aged, smoked chedar cheese as the agraten.

The wine selection is endless, although we chose to stay with the house wines, which were quite good themselves.

I very much enjoyed our overnight stay and would suggest any of the packages the Silver Thatch Inn offers. It may not be for the value conscience, but for those who think they deserve a "bit more" than the average upscale hotel experience - choose the Silver-Thatch Inn. You will be very glad you did.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mass1
Reviewed 2 January 2008

My husband and I recently spent one night at the Silver Thatch Inn in Charlottesville, and would have stayed longer if we could have!

The staff was so gracious and accommodating, and our room was comfortable and well-appointed. Our dinner was excellent, as was the breakfast the next morning. We thought it was a good value, and an excellent base camp for exploring Charlottesville and Monticello.

We’d definitely go back again, and would recommend it to anyone who prefers a historic B&B to more soul-less modern properties.

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled with family
2  Thank Loves_good_service
Reviewed 31 December 2007

In an attempt to not stay at the same place everytime, we tried the Silver Thatch Inn. The Inn Keepers were very friendly as were the staff. The staff was quite professional as well, particularly the restaurant staff. The food was delicious, though the menu was limited and remained the same during our 3 day stay. However, the room lacked a great deal. The bed and pillows resulted in impossible sleep. The loud heating unit did not help. We did find some comfort in the woodburning fireplace. Overall, we would certainly eat there again but would not try to sleep there again.

Stayed: December 2007
4  Thank Don&Josie
Reviewed 6 November 2007

We stayed in the Thomas Jefferson room (lovely king sized canopy bed) over Parents' weekend. I liked that it was a bit away form the hustle and bustle of the town. The food was excellent. From the Breakfast that's included to the dinner we had, the chefs really outdid themselves. We're going back for graduation weekend.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled as a couple
4  Thank redcasey
Reviewed 23 October 2007

This inn gives you the ambiance of a trip down "history" lane with some modern conveniences. Hospitality was very warm and shared by all from the innkeepers, to the person who greeted us when we arrived, to the chamber person.

Our room, the James Madison room, was large and decorated in a country motif. Everything was very clean in the bedroom. The bathroom was clean but in need of some repairs due to the age of the building.

Breakfast was excellent both mornings. Our first breakfast included a cup of fresh fruit and granola. The entree was a black forest ham, cheese, mushroom, and tomato omlet served with scrumptious pumpkin muffins. Even their coffee put Starbucks to shame. Also included was your choice of orange, grapefruit or cranberry juice.

The second morning we had buttermilk waffles with bacon and sauteed apples in brown sugar and spices.

We didnt use the bar but it was well stocked and every guest is treated to a glass of wine or beer on their visit.

The prices seemed reasonable. The hosts were great and even offered us extra utensils for our meal that we brought back on a night when no dinner was served at the inn.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled as a couple