The Silver Thatch Inn
Doubletree by Hilton Charlottesville(Charlottesville)(Great Value!)
US$151
US$126
Doubletree.com
US$242
US$212
Hampton.com
The English Inn of Charlottesville(Charlottesville)(Great Value!)
US$152
US$146
Hampton Inn Charlottesville(Charlottesville)(Great Value!)
US$159
US$140
Courtyard by Marriott Charlottesville North(Charlottesville)(Great Value!)
US$118
US$217
Boar's Head Resort(Charlottesville)
US$193
US$185
200 South Street Inn(Charlottesville)
US$195
All reviewsjefferson roomsmall pubhomemade sausagecomplimentary glass of winewonderful anniversarypastry chefthe main housefantastic bed and breakfastsurrounding neighborhoodcozy settingfirst morninghistoric charlottesvillerooms are lovelybreakfast is servedeach morningsized bedenjoyable stay
Reviewed 17 October 2013

Three friends and I stayed in the Harrison and Taylor rooms this past weekend at the Silver Thatch Inn. What a wonderful time! The rooms were adorable (though the Harrison room is snug but so nice). Bathroom amenities, robes, a fireplace, cookies on the pillow and waters to take during the day. Terri and Jim were gracious hosts and very accommodating--they printed out directions before we even asked, sat with us over wine to chat, and even remembered my penchant for diet pepsi in the mornings with breakfast. AND WHAT BREAKFASTS!!! Dear god I am still thinking about the pumpkin pancakes. YUM! I would absolutely stay here again--looking forward to a cozy weekend with my hubby sometime soon.

Conveniently located by Monticello, Ash Lawn, Charlottesville and LOTS of wineries:)

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Danspeanut
TPetrovits, Owner at The Silver Thatch Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2013

I love when girlfriends stay with us during their visit to Charlottesville. We're so glad you enjoyed your stay, and your comments and suggestions were very much appreciated.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Okay, one of the best things about this inn is the friendliness of Terry and Jim. I really enjoyed talking with them in that fantastic cubby hole bar that they have. Thank you for the complimentary beer. Our John Tyler room was so pretty. Bathroom was cute with a shower stall, no tub, which was fine for us. The cookies, scones and Eggs Benedict breakfast were alll so tasty. Wish we could have stayed longer but this was a great location for sight seeing.

Room Tip: They are alll pretty!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank US_traveler63
TPetrovits, Owner at The Silver Thatch Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2013

We're so happy you enjoyed your experience with us! Breakfast is our favorite meal of the day and also when we get to say good morning to everyone! Best is when lots of guests are in the Pub enjoying a refreshing beverage and chatting! Lots of fun, just before we send you off to one of Charlottesville's great restaurants for dinner and a night out! See you next time!

Reviewed 20 August 2013

We enjoyed a relaxing weekend at the Silver Thatch in mid-August located on neatly manicured grounds close to Charlottesville. Innkeepers Jim and Terri keep the place tidy. Rooms were clean, well appointed and included daily maid service. Full American breakfasts were homemade and excellent. This is a great location for local sight-seeing and visiting historical sites throughout the region. Bar serves wine and beer although we did not use it.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Monroe room and had no trouble with an adjacent room. Noise was minimal.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank libertycall8107
TPetrovits, Owner at The Silver Thatch Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2013

Thank you for your kind words, and we're glad you enjoyed your stay. Feedback from our guests is welcome, and we ask that you let us know your thoughts on how we can do a better job of taking care of you. Send us an email and address it directly to Terri under the subject 'Our Stay.' Remember, YOU are the reason we're here. Thank you! Terri

Reviewed 8 August 2013 via mobile

A delight!

Atmosphere and hospitality were a joy. Rooms darling, common area well-curated. Top-notch treatment. Tasty and thoughtful meals.

Highly recommend, particularly for travelers that love b&bs. History-rich.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank lifeisgood160

Thank you!

Reviewed 16 July 2013

I had a spinal fusion at Martha Jefferson Hospital in February of 2012. It was the third back surgery in less than 14 months. Since I was driving myself to a check-up with my doctor, I looked into staying overnight in Charlottesville to rest my back before returning home. I did a lot of research and found the Silver Thatch Inn. What a blessing it turned out to be! I stayed in the George Washington Room and it was beautiful and the bed was wonderful for my back. Jim was out of town, so I missed the opportunity to meet him; however, I met Terri and she is a wonderful hostess and really went above and beyond to make my stay comfortable and relaxing. Breakfast is served in a beautiful, sunny room and the food was scrumptious. I also got to meet Spike, Terri's sweet-as-could-be dog. In fact, the first night was so wonderful and relaxing, I stayed a second night! The inn is right off of 29 and close to many attractions. I can't wait for my next back check-up and my next visit to the Silver Thatch Inn.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Jill M

Thanks so much for your kind words! And don't hesitate to let us know what you'd like to see on your next visit. Send an email directed to 'Terri' with your comments. Thank you!