Many great things to say about this well maintained inn.
* location - in a very quiet suburban development about 15 min from downtown. There is very little traffic at night or early morning - the dominant sound in the background is birdsong.
* original building is surrounded by large shade trees. When we first arrived the owners gave us complimentary drinks and homemade brownies. We enjoyed this snack while sitting on the brick patio in the shade.
* we stayed in the harrison room - in a cottage next door to the original building. The place was clean and everything worked as expected.
* breakfast was served in an airy sunporch in the original building. The owners adapted the menu to our special food requests. There was plenty to eat and drink
* the owners - Terry and Jim really make the place special. They were wonderful during every interaction from the initial booking to every aspect of our stay.
We'll be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Silver Thatch Inn is a VA country farmhouse offering 7 guest rooms & southern hospitality. Your stay includes a delicious full breakfast each morning, complimentary Wi-Fi, parking, N/A beverages, our community swimming pool, great neighborhood for walking/jogging/birding, relaxing patio & backyard for sipping a craft beer or iced tea. Circa 1780 with additions in 1812, 1937 & 1985, the Inn is steeped in history! All rooms are individually climate controlled, some with wood burning fireplaces, all with private baths. We don't share & we don't want you to! Iggy's Wine & Brew Pub, a neighborhood pub at the Inn, offers lite fare, local & national craft & traditional favorite brews, tasty wine & live music by the locals on occasion. Open Wed-Sat 5 - 8-ish. Many great area restaurants, Jefferson's Monticello, the University of Virginia, Monroe's Ashlawn-Highland, Monticello Wine Trail and Brew Ridge Trail to sample Virginia's award winning wines and artisan brews and hard ciders. All within a short drive in the gorgeous Virginia countryside. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Silver Thatch Hotel Charlottesville