“fantastic dinner!!!”
Review of Maya Restaurant

Maya Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Maya Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 7th St. NW
Reviewed 16 May 2014

great service from the moment we walked in. excellent menu offerings, and accommodating for gluten free (fried catfish, my Wife's favorite!!) very good wine and beer menu, tasty specials, overall a very good meal, very good service, and nice atmosphere out on the patio

1  Thank Richard C
There are newer reviews for Maya Restaurant

Reviewed 14 May 2014

The hotel staff recommended this place. At first I wasn't impressed with the "Southern Food " menu offerings......we live in North Carolina. We were pleasantly surprised, everything we had from the ribs, to the pork loin, to the mac and cheese was out of this world. I didn't know Southern food could get any better.....but it did.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

Dropped into Maya tonight for dinner before catching a show at Jefferson theatre. I ordered the trout w cornbread and sweet potato fries and my companion had the chicken with mac&cheese and mashed potatoes. We ordered drinks to start off the evening and the Peach tini I had was great! Our entrees were served without much of a wait at all and the food was just fantastic. Some of the best trout I've had all year. Cornbread was crumbly and sweet yet not overly sweet. And the fries were cooked to perfection. My companion enjoyed his meal also. We would definitely go back to Maya.

Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

Stopped in for dinner to this cute restaurant named for the owner/chef's daughter. My wife had the pork tenderloin with Brussels spouts and sweet potato fries. I had the pan fried trout with the mac and cheese and buttermilk biscuits - served with butter and honey. Mississippi Mud Pie shared for dessert! We are talking super delicious southern comfort food with a twist! Mostly local ingredients and a unique flair to make many of these childhood favorites stand up to an adult palate! Great choice when in Charlottesville! Mr Jefferson's house is no longer the only thing to see there!

Reviewed 22 March 2014

This was our second or third trip to Maya, having enjoyed it previously. It is surprisingly one of the only "Southern" restaurants in C'ville. We ate inside, still being cool outside, in their west-most room away from the bar and downstairs, facing the street. It was NOISY as hell; two professors came in and didn't realize they were not in a lecture hall, and enjoyed themselves quite loudly. Then a birthday party of twenty or so came in and similarly enjoyed their event. Meanwhile, the two of us hunkered in the corner...
Most importantly, the food was pretty good. I cook a lot, and know a little about cooking. The half rack of ribs were fabulous--could not be better. And the breaded catfish was crispy and perfect. My Brussels sprouts were near raw, way this side of "al dente". The biscuit was not as good as a Bisquick biscuit at home, but its shape was more uniform! The pimiento fritters were very good, and our cab sav, a California Lesse-White (approx.) was terrific and not too dear. The mud pie dessert was chocolatey but tough. Service was cheerful and friendly and prompt. So, what grade would you give this meal? A solid "B" I think.

1  Thank Jeff J