SpringHill Suites by Marriott Chesapeake Greenbrier
Ranked #1 of 42 Hotels in Chesapeake
Reviewed 25 September 2012

I would like to start with the Morning service staff. The breakfast was always hot and ready at 6:00 AM Lisa, Janal and Antionette were great always greeted you with a smile and a good day. Lisa was always ready to have hot coffee on and Antionette made sure that the food was hot and that there was plenty for all guest. Kolbee at the front desk is in the right business, she is one of the most pleasant and respectful young ladies I have had the pleasure to meet. Kolbee always had a smile on her face and treated us like we were special. David was the night shift at the front desk and had everything in order ready for the morning staff he was always doing something with the presentation of the Hotel's lobby and breakfast seating area. Casandra at the front desk, she always had pleasantry in her voice and assisted with every need. The rooms were kept clean and tidy spacious with a sitting area that was cozy and neat. it's close to several descent restaurants and plenty of area delivery specials. Thank You Marriott I would recommend this Hotel to family and friends. Kolbee, Antionette, Lisa, Janal, David and Casandra a special Thank you.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 19 September 2012

The staff at this Springhill Suites location was helpful, professional, and very friendly. The property is well maintained and the furniture in the lobby/rooms is up to date and modern. Perfect location near I-64, mall/shopping area, and good restaurants.The rooms are extremely comfortable with the separate living room area....you get a lot of space for the price! Jeanette in housekeeping was very friendly and goes out of her way to make sure you have what you need or request.
The breakfst is very nice and includes a variety of hot and cold items including: old fashioned oatmeal, eggs, ham, waffles (all ready made), tropical fruit salad, cereal, yogurt, pastries/bagels, juice and coffee was available 24/7. Lisa made sure the breakfast area was well stocked every day. She always had a smile on her face and a kind word to say.
The property has a small indoor pool which is nice if you want to take a dip in the water.
Overall. this hotel is 5 stars first because of the entire staff. We have all gone places and staff is not always professional, helpful or friendly. The staff at this location is just the opposite. You expereince the difference as soon as you walk to the front counter. My next visit I will stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 August 2012

I have stayed at the SpringHill Suites Greenbrier on several occasions - for business and with family for vacation. I have always enjoyed my stay, the rooms and beds are comfy and clean, the breakfast is good, and the front desk staff (especially Cassandra), the cleaning staff, and the kitchen staff have always been friendly and helpful. The area where the hotel is located has lots of great shopping and eating places, and the area is nice and safe. The hotel is generally quiet, but there was a family in a room nearby on the floor that I was on that were very loud and disruptive. Loud noise from teenagers, a child constantly crying, children running in the hall as well as loud noise through the walls could be heard. However, many many Kudos to Security who immediately came to the rescue to quell the noise for those of us who were not able to sleep because of the noise. Other than this incident, my overall stay was great and I will return again!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 August 2012

Great location and amazing staff. Everybody was so friendly and willing to help! From the moment I walked into the Springhill, Cassandra, the front desk attendant was AMAZING. Willing to go the extra mile and full of life. I will definately be returning to this facility. Thank you Marriott.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed 11 August 2012

I spent 4 nights in this hotel on a recent business trip. I was very pleased to find the room clean and comfortable. The room consisted of two queen size beds that were comfortable, but, a little softer than I prefer, a flat panel 40-42" TV set, a sitting room with sofa and desk, and a kitchenette with a coffee maker, microwave and fridge. Breakfast was available from 6:30 to 9:30 in the lobby and consisted of fresh made waffles, eggs, bacon, sausage, potatoes, grits, various pastry items, fresh fruit, cereal, coffee and juice.
Pros: Clean, modern, close to restaurants, shopping centers and expressway, free breakfast
Cons: Slowest elevator in the world, expressway noise could be heard from the room on the 3rd floor. only analog TV and limited channel selection.
Overall I was very pleased with this hotel and would recommend it.

Room Tip: 3rd floor is level with the expressway ramp and you hear a lot of road noise at this level. I would...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 August 2012

My husband and I were in town for a wedding and stayed at this hotel for two nights. We loved the staff, who were all very courteous and helpful. Housekeeping staff, in particular, went out of their way to greet us and ask if we needed anything each time we passed by. Our room on the fifth floor was very clean as were the public areas of the hotel. We took advantage of the free breakfast the first morning -- and wished we had done the same the second morning after over-paying at a local restaurant for food that was just as good as what the hotel provided. Our friend's wedding reception was held at the Springhill Suites and was lovely. The dinner was good and each server was pleasant and attentive. We also loved that the hotel was in a very convenient location. Lots of restaurants and shopping areas surround the property.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 July 2012

Our family stayed at this hotel for the weekend. We enjoyed the breakfast buffet. The staff was so nice especially Lisa from the kitchen. She even gave my little girls flowers for their hair. We will definitely go back and stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family