“Great reception”

SpringHill Suites Chesapeake Greenbrier
Ranked #3 of 42 Hotels in Chesapeake
“Great reception”
Reviewed 2 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed for 3 days.. Staff were really awsome.. Light was out in the room and they were apologetic and repaired quickly.. Free breakfast .great for the price. Pool is warm but no hot tub :-( . Close to the mall and movies . I was at a conference held there and the facility was better than I expected.

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Fredericksburg, Virginia
Reviewed 1 December 2013

From the moment we walked in the door and received the warmest greeting from Ms. Cassandra to the moment we left with warm regards from the manager, Ms. Penny, our party of travelers had an awesome stay at this hotel. We traveled several hours from various points to the area for a football game, and simply needed a nice place to rest a little before the game, and hopefully to celebrate after the game...we got both and then some. Venice(sp? Pronounced Va-neese), was AMAZING! She took care of us as if we were at her home and she was the host, and she never missed a beat with the other guests. She helped with directions, our pre-game thanksgiving-leftovers-tailgate, after game celebration pizza orders, and gathering of the troops to go home the next morning, and all with the best smile and personality ever! David covered the night shift and he was also pleasant and accommodating to our group. Ms. Cassandra gave us permission to use her name if we needed anything, and it worked; the staff must really respect and love her. Oh yeah..the facility was spacious, clean and minimally magnificent. We weren't looking for luxe on this trip, but we got much more than we expected. Great rooms, breakfast, central location for shops and restaurants, and an AWESOME staff! We would definitely go back.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Roanoke, Virginia
Reviewed 5 November 2013

I’m writing to give kudos to the whole SpringHill Suites team on Crossways Boulevard in Chesapeake. I recently booked the hotel for a three day meeting and hotel rooms for attendees. Everything about the experience was wonderful! The quietness of the air conditioning units really made a difference not only in the meeting space and being able to hear our facilitator but also in the sleeping rooms.

The size of the meeting space was perfect for our group. We had plenty of room, the temperature was good and having the food served in the foyer was a nice idea rather than in the back of our meeting area. The food was very good, other than the lettuce for salad had a bit of wilting/brown on some pieces.

The biggest kudos though goes to the staff. Prior to using the hotel, Stephanie graciously gave me a tour, including a room and the meeting space so I was sure it would fit our needs. From walking in the door and being greeted by Cassandra to working directly with Stephanie in setting up my needs, everyone acted like I was the only guest. I thought Cassandra might even tell me to call her at home if I needed anything! She knew who I was and greeted me by name the second day. Laura did a great job with the food selection and we were able to have a different lunch each day exactly at the time we needed it. The presentation was also very nice. Lisa who served us was wonderful. She was very attentive and ensured we had everything we needed.

This was my first use and stay at your the and it definitely won’t be my last. Thanks again for having such a great staff and quality hotel that truly met my every need.

Room Tip: Room 402 was great, on a corner and away from the elevator. It also is "L" shaped so the...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 21 October 2013

We stayed here after some research on Trip Advisor.The reviews were right on the money.Our room had 2 Queen beds with two LCD TV's.Location is excellent with about every type of restaurant within a couple of miles.The breakfast was recently changed to provide more healthy options.It was very good.Housekeeping was superb.We will be staying here again when we go back to Chesapeake.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Penny_Hunt, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Chesapeake Greenbrier, responded to this review, 24 October 2013
Hello Boston Family,

We're so glad that you read about us on Tripadvisor and decided to give us a try. We appreciate the beautiful compliments and feedback about the Springhill Suites. We love when families like yourself come to visit for the first time, our goal is to provide a quality exceptional experience that will make you want to come back!

Thank you again for allowing us the opportunity to service you. We look forward to seeing you your next trip around!
Cassville, Georgia USe
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Awesome people and property!!! I traveled to VA to attend Homecoming at ECSU in NC. Your property is less than 35 miles from Elizabeth City and perhaps 10 miles from the Norfolk Airport. Upon arrival from Atlanta, after an early flight, I arrived at SpringHill Suites three hours before check-in time. I was greeted by Ms. Cassandra (Front Desk) with a very friendly smile and a warm welcome. She advised that the rooms were not ready and suggested that my wife and I get lunch and relax a little. She took my name and telephone number so that she could call when we could get in our room. Within in hour, Ms. Cassandra called and advised that our room was ready. Wow!!! Upon arrival, again, we were greeted with the same smile and warm welcome. She advised during a later conversation, "you looked so tired and we wanted to you get some rest." Our room was clean and it was kept that way during our stay. We enjoyed our breakfast each morning. The personnel we encountered always appeared to be professional with a "personal how may I assist you" attitude. As I prepared to check-out on Sunday a.m., there was Ms. Cassandra. She remembered us and again the smile and warm greeting. She inquired about our stay and if we had enjoyed visiting with our friends in Elizabeth City. We were so impressed by her, your staff and facilities that when we return to this area we will certainly stay in this facility. Ms. Cassandra is a special lady and SpringHill Suites is "My Kind of Place."

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Greetings Cassville Georgia Guest!

We are so pleased that you chose the Springhill Suites Chesapeake for your recent hotel accommodations. Thank you so very much for the wonderful comments and feedback about our facility. Cassandra and the entire staff truly appreciate you taking time out of your busy day to send such nice compliments. Please know that you have a new family with us and we would love for you to continue to tell others about our wonderful area.

Stay safe and please don't stay away to long ! Thanks again.
Riverside
Reviewed 10 October 2013

The Springhill Suites is a newer hotel located near many restaurants and shopping. The location was perfect and just 12 miles from the Norfolk Airport. The rooms were very clean and nicely furnished. The room includes a nice little kitchenette area and living room. The complimentary breakfast included many choices and was well done. The staff members were all exceptional and friendly, whether at the front desk, the breakfast area, or just catching them in the elevator. I was very pleased with the accommodations at the Springhill Suites and I would definitely chose this hotel again when I am in the area.

Room Tip: The highest floor is the quietest.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Penny_Hunt, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Chesapeake Greenbrier, responded to this review, 16 October 2013
Hello Happy Customer,

Thank you for your wonderful review of the Springhill Suites Greenbrier. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. I appreciate the fact that you found the location convenient from the airport. We are also very pleased that you enjoyed the staff and the great service we work so hard to provide. Most of all, we are thrilled that you will return the next time your in our area.

From all the staff at the Springhill, we look forward to seeing you again!
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed 7 October 2013 via mobile

As someone who travels for a living I rarely find a place that truly matches all my expectations...this property exceeds them!!! The staff are excellent at all areas of customer service; unassuming, humble yet professional and courteous, while always trying to please. They try to make you feel at home here...and in my case have succeeded! The room service staff are thorough and competent and any issues that are reported are addressed promptly and the issue is SOLVED to your satisfaction. I have spent many many weeks here and will always stay here in the future if I am in this area at all. My special recognition to the front desk staff in the mornings and evenings for their exceptional efficiency, courtesy and professionalism....they could teach many hotels I've stayed at a thing or two about running a successful property. The breakfasts are thorough and well cooked with extra care and attention. The rooms are comfortable and new and clean at all times. I highly recommend this new property to anyone in the area!

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Penny_Hunt, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Chesapeake Greenbrier, responded to this review, 9 October 2013
Greetings to our valued frequent stay guest!

From the entire team at the Springhill Suites Chesapeake, we would like to say THANK YOU! for the recognition and support you gave us with your generous compliments. We know that customers like yourself are truly busy with day to day business. This is why we are truly gratefuly for the time you took to write such indepth comments regarding our facility and our staff. Please know that it is important to us to know that we are not just giving normal experiences, but over the top experiences to our guest, to ensure they always want to come back. You can be certain we will continue to do our very best to ensure you always feel "special" and "appreciated" when you come to our home at the Springhill Suites.

Thank you again - we look forward to seein you again soon!