“Terrible Experience”

SpringHill Suites by Marriott Chesapeake Greenbrier
Ranked #1 of 42 Hotels in Chesapeake
Reviewed 3 July 2010

It was almost a nightmare as far as hotels go. The first thing was bath trash left behind by the former guest. Hairs on the bathroom floor. There were not enought towels and wash cloths. Each day we had to ask for more. The bed was hard and the blanket for the sofa bed was dirty. There are two flat screen TVs but one remote. When we turned one off the other would turn on and the remote changed the channel on both sets so that you could not watch two different programs. The pool is tiny! They offer coffee 24 hours, but it is cold most of those hours. We could hear every word from the room next to ours. We tried to switch to another hotel to stay at, but all were booked. After complaining the desk said that they would add 200 points to our Marriott account, but they did not. Sorry, but there should not be this many problems with any stay!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
GMSHS, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Chesapeake Greenbrier, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2010

Dear Guest,

I apologize to hear you had a less then pleasurable experience at a SpringHill property. Unfortunatly due to the description of the TVs in the room I do believe this was posted to the wrong hotel. If I am in error then I apologize and would encourage you to email me @ jmccarthy@ltdmanagement.com. Thank you

Reviewed 2 February 2010

We were very impressed with this hotel. It is a newer hotel in the Greenbrier Area of Chesapeake. It is near many stores and dining facilities. The rooms are spacious, we stayed in a room with 2 queens and it had a pull out sofa. The beds were very comfortable the linens were soft and the pillows were excellent. The bath linens looked new. The shower had excellent water pressure. We had wireless internet in the room as well as throughout the hotel.
The room also had a small bar area with it's own sink, fridge and microwave, also a one cup coffee maker and they had supplied it with cups, tea, coffee and packaged creamer.
I was not fond of the smell of the conditioner, shampoo & lotion, but we did have an adequate supply.
The indoor pool was wonderful, the water was very warm, one of the first pools I have been able to use in years due to back problems and not tolerating cool water.
The complimentary breakfast was excellent! They had a waffle maker, oatmeal with several options of toppings, grits (one day), scrambled eggs (cheese & salsa to top them), bacon one day, sausage 2 days, several pastries, english muffins, toast, bagels, and condiments. Several choices of hot tea packets, coffee and flavored creamers, juices, cartons of milk including chocolate! I can't say enough about how wonderful this hotel was, friendly staff, great food, clean facilities everywhere.
Also might I mention that the area received 9" of snow and still they went above and beyond our expectations. I would definitely stay here again! They have meeting rooms available for conferences, I would definitely suggest this hotel for a small group conference!

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with family
AGMSHSGB, Assistant General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Chesapeake Greenbrier, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2010

Dear Ms. WVMountainwoman,

We thank you for such a pleasant review of the SpringHill Suites by Marriott Chesapeake Greenbrier. We are glad that you enjoyed the complimentary breakfast as well as the pool.

On behalf of the staff at the SpringHill Suites by Marriott Chesapeake Greenbrier, we look forward to your family's next visit with us. Please take advantage of our spacious outside patio area when the weather is warm or enjoy a cup of hot tea from our coffee station by our lobby fireplace. Thanks so much for allowing us to service you during your hospitality needs.

At your service,
Lamaquia Boone

Reviewed 14 September 2009

This hotel, although newly built was a wonderful place to stay for the Va Beach 1/2 marathon. It was not too far from the race start line and had great rates. It was also very convenient to a mall, many restaurants and tons of shopping. The hotel was very clean and decorated very beautifully. The staff was very nice and the continental breakfast was great, it actully had hot items like waffles, eggs and sausage which is unusual for a free breakfast. I would recommend this hotel to others and hope to stay here for the race next year!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 July 2009

The rooms at this new-ish hotel are beautiful and modern. The front desk staff was superb. The indoor pool is very small and didnt even interest my kids. The big disappointment was the breakfast experience. There is not enough sitting areas even with the expanded outdoor seating area. The entire buffet needed attention. There were no forks, plates or knives... all the food needed to be replenished...and what was there was not hot. The place was PACKED with a line out the door, so I know the employees there were kept hopping! They need to give some attention to this aspect of the hotel to attract people like me- looking for a quick breakfast with small kids before heading out for the day.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank thebaits
Reviewed 1 July 2009

Offered everythign we needed. Central location, spacious rooms, fridge, workout room, etc. Breakfast was offered, however we did not get much other than fruit and coffee. Staff and rates we both good as well. If you need it, there is tons of shopping and eating options. I was there over a weekend, it looks like the roads may be congested a little during rush hour during the week. Free internet and pool are nice as well.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 May 2009

My wife and I stayed here for our anniversary. I'm originally from this area so I knew where to look for the convenience/quality/value mix. This place fit the bill.

It is new (6 months old) and very nice. The rooms were roomy and clean. The decor was very fresh. The breakfast was your usual "hot" breakfast at places like this. They had the eggs and bacon along with waffle makers. Fitness center was great.

Service was wonderful. Very accommodating. The location is great right in the heart of the Greenbrier area of Chesapeake, across the street from the mall and right next to the Town Place with tons of shops and food. Restaurant-wise, we loved Baker's Crust and Sterling's, although Sterlings was deserted!

It was right off of I64 which means you can get to downtown Norfolk or the beach in about 20 mins.

The only complaint was the "Aloft" hotel that was right next door. I think they are the only hotel in the 10 or so that are right there that has a bar and you could tell when it let out late at night. Lots of yelling in the street. By the way, we went in there and it really gave us the creeps.

Bottom line...great place, would stay there again. And if you are going in the next couple of months, book it on virginia.org and get the $77/night rate.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 November 2008

I just returned from 4 days @ SPRINGHILL SUITES on 100 Crossways Pky, Greenbrier area in Chesapeake and it was FANTASTIC! The suites are beautiful and spacious with a nice sitting area, comfy furniture and a kitchenette with a mini fridge & micro. Included is a very nice breakfast including omlettes, sausage & bacon, oatmeal,cold cereals and assorted pastries, bagels and breads. Couldn't ask for more. BUT, there is more. THE STAFF!! The best guest service agents I've encountered in a very long time. Believe me, I'd been in the travel biz for 20 yrs. All this PLUS, beautiful, contemporary decor.

Great location, too. Right in back of lots of malls and off I-64. While there are other hotels nearby I think this was a great value. I WILL return!!

Contessa

• Stayed: November 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank contessa1