“Don't hesitate to stay here”

Hyatt Place Chesapeake/Greenbrier
Ranked #2 of 42 Hotels in Chesapeake
Maryland
“Don't hesitate to stay here”
Reviewed 6 October 2013

I am not fond of hotels. At all. I avoid them when I travel in favor of B&Bs or condo rentals. However, necessity made us book a hotel on the way to vacation this year. Hyatt Place was an outstanding hotel.

The rooms are large with two super comfy beds, a very large sectional that turned into a more comfy than normal pull-outs. The beds and the pull-out are partially separated by a partial wall. There is also a table, a nice sized tv, etc.

The hot breakfast included with our room went beyond the standard continental usually found in hotels.

We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank AHenry36
709edenway, General Manager at Hyatt Place Chesapeake/Greenbrier, responded to this review, 9 October 2013
Dear AHenry36,

Thank-you for taking the time to review our property on Trip Advisor. We hope that you had a relaxing vacation and enjoyed our spacious rooms. Hopefully we will see you again next time you are in Chesapeake.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Birmingham
Reviewed 4 October 2013

I stay here quite often for business while in the Chesapeake area. There are plenty of great restaurants nearby. The hotel is in a great location, the staff is very nice, the rooms are clean, the breakfast is great. This is probably the best hotel I have stayed in while away for work.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank twright17
Dear Twright17,

Thank-you for taking time to review the Hyatt Place on Trip Advisor. We are glad that we can be your home away from home when you travel. We definitely have an excellent location as you can walk to the many nearby restaurants. Thank-you again and we hope to see you soon.
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed 3 October 2013

Services was Aces. Really. Took care of me. The room is very spacious - more like a quite, with large couch, TV, desk, plenty of room. Hot breakfast was included. There was a loud event going on (church group I believe) but was relatively quite by 11pm. Only issue is that it is hard to find, even with GPS (recommend a larger sign out front), not on main road, and it is about 20-30 minutes from the beach (the real reason for being there). But for a small fraction of the price - it's worth it (actually can't beat it), even if you have to drive to the beach. Compared to a Holiday Inn Express, it is a quite a bit better. They should really open one at or very close to the beach - would def stay there!

Room Tip: Unfortunately, there is only one elevator (very slow), so there is a walk to the car/ room. May wan...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank StationSquared
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 27 September 2013

When my family made our last trip to Chesapeake Virginia to visit my mother our usual hotel, which is on the water in Portsmouth, VA, was not available so we had to make a blind choice of where to stay. We did our usual research online and decided to go with a known chain that we have been happy with in the past. Chesapeake is a small city just outside of Portsmouth so we were ready for a little of a step down in what we usually experience but we were in for a pleasant surprise.

From the moment we arrived we were met with one pleasant experience after another. I have to say that in my travels I have not met a friendlier staff who's genuine desire seemed to be that we were taken care of from the start. The room was better than advertised, in addition to a quiet refrigerator, a 46" flat screen TV, and free Wi-Fi, the TV was equipped with a panel on the wall that had input connections for a computer, a DVD player, and just about any kind of other device you would want to play through the TV. Most of the hotels that I stay at make it almost impossible to play a portable DVD player through their TV but this hotel is completely opposite, even my wife could have hooked up the DVD player to play the kid movies we bring on family trips.

Speaking of Kids, this isn't a resort hotel with lots of kid activities and we were not expecting any, we simply were looking for a nice place to stay while we visited my mom. I will say that the DVD attachment was great for the kids though.

I want to get back to just how great the staff was and I will give you an example. The hotel served breakfast until 10:00 am (my usual hotel's breakfast last until 9:00 am) and it was usually pretty good. One morning our family went down for breakfast and my wife and I got the last two biscuits on the tray (it was 9:45 am when we got there) and after I had just finished mine one of my two boys asked me if there were more biscuits, I checked and there were no more put on the tray. I asked one of the guys working the breakfast area if there were any more biscuits in the back and he said that there were none and I passed on that info to my boys. Not 3 minutes later the same guy came back with a plate full of muffins to see if they liked them, the muffins were not on the menu but he offered my boys a selection to choose from which went over even better than the biscuits.

Although we really like the hotel on the water, we liked the hospitality and the great value of the Hyatt Place, I feel we really got lucky and will be staying there from now on. We highly recommend the Hyatt Place to anyone looking for a clean, inviting environment to stay at. One more thing, the hotel is located near just about anything you would need from a grocery store to a pharmacy, and a large shopping center all within a half mile of the hotel.

Room Tip: The hotel is only 4 stories high and I would recommend staying on the top floor, always less noise...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank GBCrew
Dear GBcrew,

Thank-you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit at our hotel. Of all the hotels you could have selected in Chesapeake or Portsmouth we are honored that you picked the Hyatt Place. We are glad that our breakfast person helped make your experience memorable. We hope to see you again during your next visit to see your family.
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Hyatt place are very consistent, this property is great!
Very easy location!
Lots of shopping, dining in area!
Nice hotel, great outdoor area! Comfortable rooms!
Same great hyatt service! Great nignts sleep!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Fredericksburg, Virginia
Reviewed 3 September 2013

The Hyatt Place in Greenbrier in located within walking distance to numerous restaurants and stores. It is a few blocks from I-64, about 25 minutes from Virginia Beach. The staff is focused on customer service.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed 24 August 2013 via mobile

Service at the site was very good. Room was very clean and the air was cooling for our stay. Breakfast was average however we are tea drinkers and enjoyed being able to get a cup anytime during our stay.

The distance from Sandbridge Beach from the hotel was not far and certainly there are places to stock up on food and liquor.

• Stayed June 2013