“Great customer service”

Hyatt Place Chesapeake/Greenbrier
Ranked #1 of 42 Hotels in Chesapeake
Reviewed 25 October 2013

Great size rooms and very friendly staff! Very reasonable rate of $109. Location was perfect for our needs while visiting Chesapeake! Many restaurants and shopping options close by. Staff had a heavy hand with the drinks at the bar, which is always appreciated!! Easy access to the highway without the highway noise. The only negative was the elevators were slow! But the hotel is only 4 stories, so not a big deal. I will be considering my Hyatt Place locations in the future.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank LIVE2TRVL12
709edenway, General Manager at Hyatt Place Chesapeake/Greenbrier, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2013

Dear Brian J,

Thank-you for taking the time to share your Hyatt Place experience on Trip Advisor. We appreciate the kind words about our rooms and our staff. Our elevators are a little bit slow as they are powered by a hydraulic lift. These are only used for smaller buildings so they are slower than what you would experience in a taller structure. Thank-you again for staying with us and we hope to see you again on your next trip to Chesapeake.

Reviewed 23 October 2013 via mobile

We recently stayed at this location for 1 night traveling from Maryland for 2 hockey games. The location was PERFECT with plenty of dining options & shopping- also helped us with early morning games being less than a mile from the rink! It was an interesting lobby that night with a wedding party staying, a 70's party going on & our hockey boys. Everyone was very nice. When we requested bedding for our pull out sofa it was made up when we returned. We had a minor hiccup with our wake up call that I informed the front desk about upon our departure & included on my survey. Rob responded immediately! Next time we play there I will absolutely stay again.

Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank momsnayr

Dear Momsnayr,

Thank-you for taking the time to write about your experience at our hotel on Trip Advisor. We appreciate the positive feedback on our hotel and on weekends our lobby can definitely have a diverse mix of people. I'm glad that you had a great time and I hope that your hockey team did well in the tournament. I am very sorry that we erred in entering your wake-up call and I am glad that you set a back-up. I personally read every email survey and Trip Advisor response so that we can gauge what our guests experience. This way we can better train our staff on their weaknesses. Thank-you again and we hope to see you the next time you are in Chesapeake.

Reviewed 17 October 2013

I had to come to Virginia Beach on business and the Hyatt Place was suggested by corporate. It was a good location, nearby the corporate office and the area had several decent places to eat and shop. The room was very clean, and quite secure which is important for a female traveling alone.

I checked in on a Sunday and had quite the surprise when I stepped into the shower the next morning. There was nothing but cold water. I notified the front desk that morning and was assured it would be resolved before my return that evening. Unfortunately, it wasn't. I contacted the front desk again, they told me they did have some plumbing problems with a few rooms, and they gave me keys to another room. (Why would you book someone into a room with known issues?" I visited the second room and guess what? Cold water there as well! Even after letting the shower run for several minutes it was cold. Back to the front desk I go! In the end, the gentleman at the front desk had to check two more rooms before he found one which he assured me had hot water. Ummmm... not so much. Although it was warmer, hot would not be my classification of it. (Lukewarm?) Surprisingly, the water from the sink was 10x hotter. After moving my belongings to the new location I was way over the entire process. I was able to muddle though the rest of the weeks stay, but had to get up 30 minutes earlier to turn on the water and wait for it to get warm enough to shower.

The other problem I noticed was the WIFI signal which frequently disappeared and took a few minutes to return. This wouldn't be a problem under normal circumstances, but since there was no "backup" wired access it did infringe on my evening work productivity. Again, I contacted the front desk and was told that "yes, it tends to be weak. You can always come down to the lobby to work, its stronger there." That just didnt work for me as it required hauling a lot of files to the lobby.

All in all, the service was quite good, the people friendly, and the hotel clean as a whistle, but their plumbing and WIFI need some serious attention.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Trinity5703

Dear Trinity5703,

Thank-you for taking the time to share you experience with our hotel. We take all feedback to heart and certainly I wish that everything was much smoother during your visit. On occasion we do experience longer wait times for hot water during morning showers. Unfortunately this issue is erratic and not confined to one section or room of the hotel. We just had an engineer and a master plumber come out this week to develop a solution so that hot water is always ready and available. I can understand the frustration of having to wait in the morning when you are on a strict time schedule. We do have hard wired internet in the rooms, there should have been an ethernet cord on the top of the desk. Our contract with our current wireless internet provider is ending very shortly. We are aggressively seeking other companies that can install more access points and provide a greater signal strength for our guests. We do appreciate your very kind feedback on the staff and the cleanliness of the hotel. We hope to have our Wifi and plumbing match the same level of service shortly. We hope to see you again on your next visit to Chesapeake with an overall much better experience.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

Hyatt was a great hotel, we don't stay in many hotels, but the location was excellent, we could walk to many restaurants or drive to some in less than 5 mins. Our room was clean, nice bed, nice sofa, no bathtub, bathroom a little tight, but other than that it was great. We were celebrating our 20th Wedding Anniversary and the front desk offered us a bottle of wine, we declined because we don't drink, but they offered us soft drinks and desert in replacement of that. Our overall stay was excellent.

Room Tip: TOP FLOOR, no noise at all
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Latarsha
709edenway, General Manager at Hyatt Place Chesapeake/Greenbrier, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2013

Latarsha,

Congratulations on your 20 years of marriage! That is quite an accomplishment. We are honored that you choose to stay at the Hyatt Place for such special occasion. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again during your next visit to Chesapeake.

Reviewed 6 October 2013

I am not fond of hotels. At all. I avoid them when I travel in favor of B&Bs or condo rentals. However, necessity made us book a hotel on the way to vacation this year. Hyatt Place was an outstanding hotel.

The rooms are large with two super comfy beds, a very large sectional that turned into a more comfy than normal pull-outs. The beds and the pull-out are partially separated by a partial wall. There is also a table, a nice sized tv, etc.

The hot breakfast included with our room went beyond the standard continental usually found in hotels.

We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank AHenry36

Dear AHenry36,

Thank-you for taking the time to review our property on Trip Advisor. We hope that you had a relaxing vacation and enjoyed our spacious rooms. Hopefully we will see you again next time you are in Chesapeake.

Reviewed 4 October 2013

I stay here quite often for business while in the Chesapeake area. There are plenty of great restaurants nearby. The hotel is in a great location, the staff is very nice, the rooms are clean, the breakfast is great. This is probably the best hotel I have stayed in while away for work.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank twright17

Dear Twright17,

Thank-you for taking time to review the Hyatt Place on Trip Advisor. We are glad that we can be your home away from home when you travel. We definitely have an excellent location as you can walk to the many nearby restaurants. Thank-you again and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 3 October 2013

Services was Aces. Really. Took care of me. The room is very spacious - more like a quite, with large couch, TV, desk, plenty of room. Hot breakfast was included. There was a loud event going on (church group I believe) but was relatively quite by 11pm. Only issue is that it is hard to find, even with GPS (recommend a larger sign out front), not on main road, and it is about 20-30 minutes from the beach (the real reason for being there). But for a small fraction of the price - it's worth it (actually can't beat it), even if you have to drive to the beach. Compared to a Holiday Inn Express, it is a quite a bit better. They should really open one at or very close to the beach - would def stay there!

Room Tip: Unfortunately, there is only one elevator (very slow), so there is a walk to the car/ room. May wan...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends