“Great hotel”

Hyatt Place Chesapeake/Greenbrier
Ranked #2 of 42 Hotels in Chesapeake
Reviewed 13 May 2014

This hotel was clean and well appointed. The rooms were of nice size and I likes the separate seating area. The breakfast was very good. There are lots of places nearby for shopping, a snack or anything else you may need. I stayed for two nights and this will be my hotel of choice when going back to Chesapeake.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 18 April 2014

I used two hotels in Virginia Beach area. Hyatt Place is better hotel than other one. The price, free breakfast, bigger room and beds, kindly service, and warm water pool are all good for my family. I really really wanna recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Chanmi P
Reviewed 10 March 2014

My daughter and I stayed at this hotel for 3 days and overall, our stay was pleasant. The hotel is currently under renovation so at the time of our visit, only 1 elevator was working and we had no hot water during the day. Our room was nicely appointed, spacious and clean. We felt safe during our stay and enjoyed the shopping and restaurants located within walking distance. We would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
709edenway, General Manager at Hyatt Place Chesapeake/Greenbrier, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Dear Martisol,

Thank-you for taking time to share your experience. During your visit we were doing some repairs to our hot water system during the day as well as putting new ceramic tile in our elevators. Even tough our hotel is only 5 years old we like to keep it looking new and fresh. We are glad that you and your daughter enjoyed the hotel and it's close distance to area restaurants and shopping. We have a great location in a very safe area. Thank-you again for sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor and we hope to see you in the future.

Reviewed 6 March 2014

I have stayed here over 10 times in the past year. Each time I am travelling with 2-3 co-workers. the last 3 times I have stayed here there was no hot water in my shower, or my co-workers showers.

This has been my preferred place to stay in Norfolk, but I am not chancing another cold shower in the morning. The staff is great, and everything else about the hotel is perfect.

Room Tip: make sure it has hot water
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank twright17
709edenway, General Manager at Hyatt Place Chesapeake/Greenbrier, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Dear Twright17,

Thank-you for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor. Let me first apologize for the cold showers you endured during your last couple visits. We had been having intermittent issues in the winter with the delivery of hot water to the rooms. We contacted a plumber and their proposed fix actually made the issue worse. Not wanting to repeat the same mistake we hired an engineer and contacted the original architect of the building. They were able to locate compounding issues that made problem difficult to diagnose. Last week we had to shut the water off midday almost everyday for the new plumbers to make the necessary repairs. I can say that the water in the rooms is the hottest I have ever seen in the 4 years I have worked here. Last weekend was very busy for us and I can say that we did not have 1 complaint for lack of hot water. We appreciate your kind words about the staff and the hotel as a whole. I hope that you would give us another try to see how the showers have changed. We are even upgrading our shower heads in the very near future. If you are interested on your next visit I can even go into detail about all the repairs and show you the work that was done. Thank-you for staying with us and we hope to see you in the future.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

My fiancé, child and I stayed at this hotel for 5 days and we did not have any problems. The staff was very friendly, the rooms were spacious and comfortable, and the breakfast choices were numerous and delicious. The indoor pool was a little small, but it was perfect for our 5-year-old. The hotel is located near many restaurants and entertainment establishments. Overall, this was a great hotel and I would highly recommend it to anyone!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Dear Shadows112004,

Thank-you for taking time to share your experience on Trip Advisor. We appreciate the kind words about our staff and breakfast. We pride ourselves in hiring friendly people that honor our high standards. We feel that we have the best location in Chesapeake with many restaurants and shops within walking distance. Thank-you again for staying with us and we hope to see you in the future.

Reviewed 31 January 2014

I just returned from a three night stay at the Hyatt Place, Chesapeake. The hotel appears to be relatively new and well cared for. Nothing exceptional but a nice, reasonable and clean place to stay. I love that there is a seating area and fridge separate from the "sleeping area". The location is great. Lots of shops and restaraunts around. My meetings were about 8 miles away but I was happy I chose to stay in Chesapeake, mostly because of the shops (nothing special, Target, TJ Maxx, DSW, etc) but since I was travelling alone it was nice to have someplace to walk around instead of vegging in front of the TV.

I wouldn't normally care but the one negative thing I did notice was the sheets were a little rough. I'm not one to shop for 500 thread count (or whatever) but these sheets were not the most comfortable. Not a major issue but I definitely noticed.

The breakfast was fine. Nice to grab a quick slice of toast and coffee before heading out.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank SGGOlney_MD
709edenway, General Manager at Hyatt Place Chesapeake/Greenbrier, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

Dear SGGOlney_MD,

Thank-you for taking the time to share feedback about your visit on Trip Advisor. We are glad that you enjoyed the living room area of your room. We feel the spaciousness is relaxing after a long day. We also feel our location attached to the Towneplace shopping complex is ideal for those who want to get out but not to stray to far from the hotel. I apologize that our sheets were not very cozy. I have not heard that very often so I would imagine that particular set of sheets was at the end of its usefulness. Thank-you again for visiting us and we hope to see you in the future.

Reviewed 18 January 2014

It was comfortable Stay for three nights. Compare to India's Hyatt Hotels, its very simple and decent. One or at max two person @ reception who will take care for checkin /out, restaurant etc. Breakfast has limited variety and for vegies it is limited to Bread butter fruit & Juice. For Indian, there is no Indian restaurant in Hotel vicinity. Good Place for shopping as big shopping complex are near by.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business