Hyatt Place Chesapeake/Greenbrier
US$102
US$66
US$60
Red Roof
Sleep Inn & Suites(Chesapeake)
US$107
US$108
US$79
US$168
US$81
Hotels.com
All reviewsvirginia beachsitting areafree breakfastroom layoutgas stationrestaurants and shoppinghotel is in a great locationrooms are nicechesapeake greenbrierking roomindoor poolhot breakfastthe outer bankswould stay here againoatmealstaff was very friendlybusiness trip
Reviewed 29 May 2014

My family of three need somewhere to stay last minute the Sunday before Memorial Day and the Hyatt Place was the most reasonable price. We checked in around 11:00pm and the guy at the desk was very courteous and knowledgeable. The room king size room was clean but when I opened the sofa bed there were some food crumbs on the sheets and a kids hockey stick left behind. Other than that I had no complaints. The next morning my son did not want to go down to eat, so I went down to eat breakfast and I asked if I could get a to go container. This was not a problem for the staff and they also gave me a cup and utensils. My son was excited to have his breakfast brought to the room.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank CityGirl2004
709edenway, General Manager at Hyatt Place Chesapeake/Greenbrier, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Dear CityGirl2004,

Thank-you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor. I am glad that your travels found their way to the Hyatt Place and that you enjoyed your stay. We appreciate the kind words about the staff. We try very hard to please every guest and accommodate every request. We are glad that we made your son's day by "room service" breakfast. Thank-you again for staying with us and we hope to see you on your next visit to Chesapeake.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

This hotel was clean and well appointed. The rooms were of nice size and I likes the separate seating area. The breakfast was very good. There are lots of places nearby for shopping, a snack or anything else you may need. I stayed for two nights and this will be my hotel of choice when going back to Chesapeake.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 April 2014

I used two hotels in Virginia Beach area. Hyatt Place is better hotel than other one. The price, free breakfast, bigger room and beds, kindly service, and warm water pool are all good for my family. I really really wanna recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Chanmi P
Reviewed 10 March 2014

My daughter and I stayed at this hotel for 3 days and overall, our stay was pleasant. The hotel is currently under renovation so at the time of our visit, only 1 elevator was working and we had no hot water during the day. Our room was nicely appointed, spacious and clean. We felt safe during our stay and enjoyed the shopping and restaurants located within walking distance. We would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
709edenway, General Manager at Hyatt Place Chesapeake/Greenbrier, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Dear Martisol,

Thank-you for taking time to share your experience. During your visit we were doing some repairs to our hot water system during the day as well as putting new ceramic tile in our elevators. Even tough our hotel is only 5 years old we like to keep it looking new and fresh. We are glad that you and your daughter enjoyed the hotel and it's close distance to area restaurants and shopping. We have a great location in a very safe area. Thank-you again for sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor and we hope to see you in the future.

Reviewed 6 March 2014

I have stayed here over 10 times in the past year. Each time I am travelling with 2-3 co-workers. the last 3 times I have stayed here there was no hot water in my shower, or my co-workers showers.

This has been my preferred place to stay in Norfolk, but I am not chancing another cold shower in the morning. The staff is great, and everything else about the hotel is perfect.

Room Tip: make sure it has hot water
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank twright17
709edenway, General Manager at Hyatt Place Chesapeake/Greenbrier, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Dear Twright17,

Thank-you for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor. Let me first apologize for the cold showers you endured during your last couple visits. We had been having intermittent issues in the winter with the delivery of hot water to the rooms. We contacted a plumber and their proposed fix actually made the issue worse. Not wanting to repeat the same mistake we hired an engineer and contacted the original architect of the building. They were able to locate compounding issues that made problem difficult to diagnose. Last week we had to shut the water off midday almost everyday for the new plumbers to make the necessary repairs. I can say that the water in the rooms is the hottest I have ever seen in the 4 years I have worked here. Last weekend was very busy for us and I can say that we did not have 1 complaint for lack of hot water. We appreciate your kind words about the staff and the hotel as a whole. I hope that you would give us another try to see how the showers have changed. We are even upgrading our shower heads in the very near future. If you are interested on your next visit I can even go into detail about all the repairs and show you the work that was done. Thank-you for staying with us and we hope to see you in the future.