“Thanks for the great attention to detail, green options, and convenient Bistro! We'll be back soon!”

Courtyard Chesapeake Greenbrier
Ranked #15 of 42 Hotels in Chesapeake
Greensboro, NC
Reviewed 6 June 2011

We enjoyed our stay at the Courtyard Marriott. We were pleased to find the green option of skipping daily linen changes, as this is not necessary for us. We loved the convenience of the Bistro with great food and reasonable prices! Thanks for a great stay!

Room Tip: Provide your special requests in advance.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Anthony_S_Hunt, General Manager at Courtyard Chesapeake Greenbrier, responded to this review, 9 August 2011
Dear Valued Guest,
Thanks for staying at the Courtyard by Marriot Chesapeake Greenbrier. Marriott International will always continue to be a corporate leader when it comes to the environment. Our commitment to our guests and given them options is at the core of Marriott International. Guest like yourself is greatly appreciated, and I hope to see you again real soon. Once again thank you for your comments and your stay.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed 3 June 2011

I had a wonderful stay at this Courtyard Marriott over the Memorial Day 2011 holiday. Check-in was easy - I had called the reservation line for a good rate but my cell died before I could finish the reservation. When I checked in, I explained the failure to the front desk, who kindly offered me the telephone reservation rate.

My room was very quiet and CLEAN. I was lucky enough to get a room with a balcony and the fresh air was delightful with a pretty view of green trees everywhere (love the Virginia trees!). Everything worked (no weak batteries in remote control, no burned-out light bulbs - good water pressure, etc.).

The King-size bed was amazingly comfortable - the sheets, pillows and blankets were very clean, and the room smelled good. The black-out curtains really gave me a chance to sleep deeply and even though I was right next to the elevator, the room was quiet. The amenities were Courtyard-sized - soap, shampoo, conditioner, coffee pot with one decaf and one regular coffee set-up. No refrigerator or microwave in my room - not sure if they are offered or not - I didn't ask. Plenty of ice in the ice machine.

There is a bistro open in the morning and evenings serving food, coffees, beer, wine & mixed drinks. The pool is small and indoors, but appeared to be sparkling clean. There's a hot tub and 24-hour fitness room. The front desk has items for purchase 24 hours a day - sodas, snacks, toiletries, and of course, the USA Today newspaper is complimentary. There are no vending machines.

Housekeeping was personable, attentive and very professional. I had the opportunity to exchange greetings with several of the staff during my five-day stay and they were so kind, and one even knew which room I was in when I met her in the elevator, which somehow made me feel safe (although I felt very safe in general at this hotel). I left my "Do Not Disturb" sign on the door for two of the five days I was there and each time housekeeping called to let me know they were leaving, but if I needed anything to notify the front desk and they could help me. Very polite and professional. I left them a nice tip.

The location is right off a major interstate in the area - central to almost anything you want to do. It boarders a shopping mecca complete with safe, clean outdoor shopping centers and a great mall (Greenbrier Mall). There also appears to be a substantial business area close-by (office buildings - not industrial), if you are traveling for business.

Check-out was easy - took the statement they left under my door and gathered my bags and hit the road. I got a warm thank-you from the lovely associate at the front desk, and I was on my way. I loved this hotel, and will definitely return should I have a need in the Chesapeake area.

I felt safe as a woman traveling alone - something I'm always measuring. I'm a Rapid Rewards member with Marriott - I stay in their hotels as often as possible during my frequent travels. This is an exceptional Marriott facility.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
Anthony_S_Hunt, General Manager at Courtyard Chesapeake Greenbrier, responded to this review, 9 June 2011
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write your wonderful comments about the Courtyard by Marriott Greenbrier. I was very pleasanted to read that we accomendated your needs and that your stay with us was very enjoyable. I hope that you continue to make our hotel a place of choice during your travels. Once again thank you and hope to see you soon.
Richmond, VA
Reviewed 9 April 2011

I've stayed at this hotel twice since my original review while they were undergoing renovations. The renovations created a very welcoming lobby space with a Bistro that offers guests Starbucks Coffee, a choice of wines that include VIRGINIA wines (nice touch), and a dinner menu.

It seems that the General Manager is ALWAYS there making sure things are in tip-top shape and that the guests are receiving the best service.

The hotel's website mentions that they have a refrigerator and microwave in each room, however, if you happen to get a room without one, all you have to do is call and they will bring one to you within minutes. One of their housekeeping staff told me it was due to budgeting and I was really impressed with the GM for his solution to meet his guests needs while being mindful of the hotel's operating costs.

As a frequent traveler to Chesapeake at my own expense, I use Priceline.com to save money, therefore, don't have the option of selecting my own hotel for the best price point, otherwise I would stay here much more often.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
Anthony_S_Hunt, Manager at Courtyard Chesapeake Greenbrier, responded to this review, 13 May 2011
Thank you for sharing your wonderful comments about the Courtyard by Marriott Chesapeake. It is always a pleasure to satisfy our guest and especially a frequent customer like yourself. Marriott strongly believes that a strong leader builds the foundation of a great stay. We will continue to work hard to ensure that every guest stay is as enjoyable as yours. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 7 April 2011

Thank you to the staff. The new lobby is very pretty.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
Dear valued guest,

I was pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I will happily share this information with Shirley about how her performance impressed you during your stay.

Once again thank you and we hope to see you back again soon..
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 18 February 2011

I travel to the area on business and always stay at the Courtyard Chesapeake Greenbrier. My routine has always gone smoothly and special requests have always been accommodated. If the staff, who always extended themselves, did not have the authority to meet my needs immediately, they were able to connect with the general manager, who is not only on-site long hours but available by phone at what seemed like all hours. My enthusiasm and appreciation has come from several stays of 4 or 5 days at a time.
Also, the lobby has been beautifully remodeled. The food bar has good sandwiches, breakfast and Starbucks coffee and espresso drinks. A well stocked mini convenience store set-up is located next to the front desk. Location is also convenient to restaurants and shopping.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
CourtyardGM_10, Anthony S. Hunt-General Manager at Courtyard Chesapeake Greenbrier, responded to this review, 21 March 2011
Valued Guest,

When Marriott designed the Bistro, Eat, Drink and Connect, they truly had you in mind. From the Starbuck coffee to the dinner menu all was placed for your convenience. Our staff members are proud to perform for our guests and it gives us great delight to hear comments like yours. I look forward to your next stay, the staff and I will be waiting to help in anyway possible.

Best regards always.
Arlington, Va
Reviewed 17 February 2011

I spend 1 week a month (5-6 nights) here. The staff is very friendly and always looking for how they can make your stay better. The Bistro crew are very professional and conversational. They make sure you leave satisfied.

Now i just need them to put a Tempur-Pedic in one of the rooms for me and the hotel would be 110% perfect.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
CourtyardGM_10, Anthony S. Hunt- General Manager at Courtyard Chesapeake Greenbrier, responded to this review, 21 March 2011
Valued Guest,

It is with great pleasure that I respond to your recent review. Your words are our core that we live by here at the Courtyard by Marriott Chesapeake Greenbrier. We want all guests to feel at home and to know that our entire staff is providing them with genuine outstanding services. I wait for your next visit soon so I can thank you in person for taking time out to recognize our property.

Best regards always.
Moneta
Reviewed 25 October 2010

One reason we chose this hotel was for the Bistro. I was not open for dinner and again not open for breakfast. We did not know the area and had to go out for meals. The desk clerk said the person just didn't show up and they were trying to find someone to work.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple