“Excellent”

Courtyard Chesapeake Greenbrier
Ranked #20 of 42 Hotels in Chesapeake
Reviewed 4 September 2013

This hotel is somewhat off the path of your typical Airport or vacation hotel but worth it. Good selection of breakfast items. Housekeeping was the best I have experienced. The Weekend I was there there was also a huge party in the conference room, but it was so well managed, it was so hard to tell. The traffic was controlled to lower floors. I was recommended by a previous visitor to stay here and I would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013
Meredith B, General Manager at Courtyard Chesapeake Greenbrier, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2013

Hi Tony,
Thank you for your wonderful review of the Courtyard Marriott in Chesapeake. I am glad you had a great stay with us and really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 22 August 2013

I chose to stay at this hotel based on other Trip Advisor reviews. This hotel is situated in the perfect location. We visited VA beach and did the dinner cruise on the Spirit of Norfolk. The hotel staff was very friendly and accommodating. I had a total of 7 guest stay. All of our rooms where clean, and updated. The hotel has an indoor pool, hot tub, conference room and a private outdoor patio. Most rooms on the 2nd and 3rd floors have private balconies. My room had a balcony that measured about 5x15.. LOVED IT!!
The area: The hotel is within 2mins of the mall, a movie theater, Joe's Crab-shack, Cracker-barrel, Sam's Club, Old Navy, DSW, Bed Bath and Beyond, Target and the list goes on. Also, the hotel is located within 2mins of I64. It took us 20mins to get to VA beach and 15mins to get to Downtown Norfolk. We will surely stay again.

Room Tip: Book early, because they do book up fast. Ask for a room with a balcony, if you like the outdoors a...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Meredith B, General Manager at Courtyard Chesapeake Greenbrier, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2013

Hello,
Thank you so much for your wonderful review of the Courtyard Marriott in Chesapeake. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We were recently renovated in March and we plan to do several other upgrades in the next few months. We hope to welcome you again soon!

Reviewed 7 August 2013

My husband and I just got back from the Courtyard by Marriott in Chesapeake Va. We absolutely LOVED this hotel. Special thanks to two employees, Cordero and Dixie, who were so kind and helpful and made our stay there even nicer! We loved the hot tub and swimming pool and the room was great! Clean, quiet location, can't say enough about this hotel, we didn't want to leave! Thank you again Cordero and Dixie, would love to come back there again. Lucy and Bob Bosnack!

Room Tip: We had a king bed, room was so nice and clean.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Meredith B, General Manager at Courtyard Chesapeake Greenbrier, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2013

Hello,
Thank you so much for your review of the Courtyard Marriott in Chesapeake, Virginia. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us! I will share your comments with our team, especially Dixie and Cordero. We hope to welcome you again soon!

Reviewed 17 March 2013

Our Boys U-11 soccer team went to Virginia Beach this weekend for a soccer tournament and stayed at the Courtyard Chesapeake Greenbrier. They made the entire team and their parents feel like we were the only ones staying at the hotel. Every member of the staff went out of their way to make it a memorable weekend for the kids. The lobby had everything we needed when we arrived, it was clean and the staff made us feel right at home. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The hotel is surrounded by all types of restaurants and shopping within walking distance. Easily the best stay I have ever had a hotel and I travel on business all the time. Thank you to everyone at the Courtyard - they went above and beyond to make our stay pleasurable.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Harlin10
Reviewed 24 January 2013

The rooms were nice, comfortable beds and the walls were surprisingly soundproof. They were supposedly doing renovations on the third floor (our floor) but I never heard a noise. A big shout out to the F&B manager Ashley who went above and beyond to help me get medicine when I came down with the flu. I was here during the week while my husband was working. Nice lobby, comfortable room. This hotel is located near a ton of shops and restaurants. You can get pretty much anywhere you need to go within 5 minutes.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank honeybee603
Reviewed 3 December 2012

Staff at the Courtyard by Marriott Chesapeake Greenbrier was great. The lobby is fantastic and was upgraded to the new Courtyard style. The room however was old, very old. It was clean but really, it is time for an update. If you get this hotel at a good price, go for it otherwise, try another one.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank J9257
Reviewed 22 October 2012

We have stayed here on two different occasions and found that they have improved from last year. Their rooms appear to be cleaner and the staff seems eager to please. We found this Marriott to be a good value for the area and we plan to continue to use this location for future stays.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple