“Gen Mgr and staff extremely responsive, friendly and helpful.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Courtyard Chesapeake Greenbrier

Courtyard Chesapeake Greenbrier
Ranked #15 of 42 Hotels in Chesapeake
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Gen Mgr and staff extremely responsive, friendly and helpful.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2011

I travel to the area on business and always stay at the Courtyard Chesapeake Greenbrier. My routine has always gone smoothly and special requests have always been accommodated. If the staff, who always extended themselves, did not have the authority to meet my needs immediately, they were able to connect with the general manager, who is not only on-site long hours but available by phone at what seemed like all hours. My enthusiasm and appreciation has come from several stays of 4 or 5 days at a time.
Also, the lobby has been beautifully remodeled. The food bar has good sandwiches, breakfast and Starbucks coffee and espresso drinks. A well stocked mini convenience store set-up is located next to the front desk. Location is also convenient to restaurants and shopping.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CourtyardGM_10, Anthony S. Hunt-General Manager at Courtyard Chesapeake Greenbrier, responded to this review, 21 March 2011
Valued Guest,

When Marriott designed the Bistro, Eat, Drink and Connect, they truly had you in mind. From the Starbuck coffee to the dinner menu all was placed for your convenience. Our staff members are proud to perform for our guests and it gives us great delight to hear comments like yours. I look forward to your next stay, the staff and I will be waiting to help in anyway possible.

Best regards always.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Arlington, Va
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2011

I spend 1 week a month (5-6 nights) here. The staff is very friendly and always looking for how they can make your stay better. The Bistro crew are very professional and conversational. They make sure you leave satisfied.

Now i just need them to put a Tempur-Pedic in one of the rooms for me and the hotel would be 110% perfect.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CourtyardGM_10, Anthony S. Hunt- General Manager at Courtyard Chesapeake Greenbrier, responded to this review, 21 March 2011
Valued Guest,

It is with great pleasure that I respond to your recent review. Your words are our core that we live by here at the Courtyard by Marriott Chesapeake Greenbrier. We want all guests to feel at home and to know that our entire staff is providing them with genuine outstanding services. I wait for your next visit soon so I can thank you in person for taking time out to recognize our property.

Best regards always.
Moneta
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2010

One reason we chose this hotel was for the Bistro. I was not open for dinner and again not open for breakfast. We did not know the area and had to go out for meals. The desk clerk said the person just didn't show up and they were trying to find someone to work.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
San Diego, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2010

Recent renovations make the entire hotel appear much nicer than it is. Granted, the King bed was a very nice sleep. However, the water faucet knob was 90 degrees off, the water pressure was horrible. No on demand movies and the only wifi was in the lobby. The bathroom did not have an exhaust. The last straw was discovering that the Whirlpool Spa was a complete fake. Sure, the water was warm (not quite hot enough) but the "jets" did not jet water out, instead just blew air, creating lots of bubbles, but nothing close to relaxing. Get close to them and you trap the bubble of air rushing up behind your back and then the water just gets splashier. Service was decent.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
CourtyardGM_10, General Manager at Courtyard Chesapeake Greenbrier, responded to this review, 2 June 2010
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are pleased that you enjoyed our brand new mattresses and completely renovated new state of the art lobby. We have recently added aerators to our faucet that restrict the water flow. This is part of our continuing efforts toward our “green” business goals. I assure you that the Jacuzzi does in fact jet water and we have adjusted the jets to correct the excessive splashing. Thank you again for your time and business and we look forward to your next stay with us.
Richmond, VA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2010

This hotel is currently undergoing renovations. The pool is closed and I noticed during my stay that the elevator had not been inspected in two years. I mentioned it to the desk clerk as I was leaving for dinner and she said something about a back up in the Inspectors office. As I was leaving the next day, I noticed an elevator service truck pulling into the parking lot.

No frills, typical Courtyard by Marriott. There was a little microwave and refrigerator, so that was nice.

I would certainly stay here again, despite the construction. I was only there for the evening, so I never heard a thing.

Coffee packet says four cups, don't believe it. 2 max. They do have a paid breakfast service available, but I didn't try it.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
CourtyardGM_10, General Manager at Courtyard Chesapeake Greenbrier, responded to this review, 28 March 2010
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Courtyard Chesapeake Greenbrier. I would like to proudly announce that our renovations are now complete as of March 8th 2010. I apologize for any disturbance during our remodeling time and can’t wait for you to experience the new look and feel that we have to offer. We now offer a delicious new menu for breakfast and dinner, as well as a lounge and an array of Starbucks drinks for your enjoyment.

Our elevator does get inspected regularly and is up to code. You have my apologies for the proper paperwork not being displayed during your stay. It was immediately rectified. Thank you again for your patronage and feedback.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2010

Easy to find, nice staff, very clean, big room, great amenities. We rested there and then went out to see friends in the evenings. It was great to have the sofa, flat screen TV, and high speed internet.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
Foster City, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2009

Located in a large shopping area and very close to the main highway. Easy to get to but slightly away from the traffic noise.

Lots of hotel choices in the area, they have to keep up in order to keep their business. Business center is located in restaurant area - might be a little noisy at breakfast time but worked fine for me.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business