“nice hotel. indifferent staff”

Studios and Suites 4 Less Gum Road
Ranked #29 of 42 Hotels in Chesapeake
Reviewed 9 January 2008

I stayed at this hotel for five nights while on business. The hotel seems very new. The rooms were very clean and bright. The breakfast provided was average. My only complaint is that when we made our reservation we aranged for a corporate rate but when we checked in they seemed to have forgotten about it. The front desk checked with the manager and apparently got approval again. Then when we went to check out they still tried to charge us the higher rate. I contacted the manager to try to resolve it and get the corporate rate as agreeded upon but still have not heard from them.

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled on business

Reviewed 31 October 2007

I was very pleased with my recent stay. All the staff I encountered were friendly. The room was clean and spacious for one. If traveling with others keep in mind that the TV is between the bedroom and living areas and there is no door to muffle the volume. The only time I heard noise from other rooms was when they would flush their power assisted toilets. This was quite noticeable. The microwave and fridge were appreciated and the bed was comfortable. The 'continental' breakfast included oatmeal, eggs, sausage, muffins, toast, english muffins, yogurt, cereal, milk, and make your own waffles which was much more than I had expected. On the 3 days I stayed I never had a problem finding a seat in the breakfast area. Free wired high speed internet in the room worked well and there is free wireless in the lobby that I didn't use. Free local phone calls. The Chesapeake Mall is a block or two away so there are plenty of places to eat.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 August 2007

This property was perfect for my family of four. We had more than enough room. I received the first floor room as requested. We had a nice breakfast everyday. We could not hear ANY room noise from other guests! Room was clean and hotel close to shopping and restaurant area. Fridge and microwave came in handy for snacks or quick meal. Only complaints... room had drippy faucet, back entrance door (close to our room) was broken for most of our stay and pool was cold. We did not ask for anything to be fixed becasue it was not that big of a deal to us. Would recommend and would stay at again. We drove to virginia beach, norfolk and busch gardens from this hotel througout the week.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled with family
1  Thank ragillmor
Reviewed 12 August 2007

I booked this hotel for 5 days on Priceline ($60/night) and was overall very impressed. The entire hotel staff was very friendly and accommodating. When we returned to our room every day, the housekeeping staff had left the room in pristine condition. They even straightened out our junk that was left on the night table! The complimentary breakfast was okay, definitely better than your run-of-the-mill continental fare. There was oatmeal, cereal, sausage, hardboiled eggs, bagels, belgian waffles, and yogurt, muffins, etc.
The hotel is also very convenient to nearby shopping and restaurants. I would highly recommend Paradocks. The food is very afforadable and there is something on the menu for EVERYONE! There is also a bar there with live music but it's soundproof if you're interested in a family-friendly environnment outside the bar.
For the price I paid, I couldn't have beat what I got at Springhill Suites.

p.s. I was extremely paranoid that first night because of the previous post about bed bugs. I kept a VERY watchful eye out for those and NEVER saw a single bug, period! All of the other guests I saw every morning seemed pleased as well.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 August 2007

We were very pleased with our one night stay at Springhill Suites. Hotel is in a nice, quiet spot, but it's right next to a business area with restaurants, etc. Room was clean. Early check-in was no problem. Housekeeping staff was very accomodating and friendly. All in all, a great property for Marriott!!

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 June 2007

Left after only a few hours in the middle of the night, as we found bed bugs crawling on the children. Disgusting. Management was unappologetic and said our night was free...yeah right I paid for another hotel somewhere else. Do yourself a favor and find somewhere else to stay. Pool was in disrepair.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 June 2007

Very pleased. After staying here, I am now judging all of my area visits by the standard set at the Springhill, Chesapeake.

Friendly and professional staff. Everyone that I encountered, that is all staff members, greeted me by looking at me (in the eye, no less) and asked how my stay was going. They asked if there was anything they could do, and welcomed me back to visit again - which I will do.

The breakfast was great, a full hot breakfast, not a couple of rolls. USA Today delivered to the door of all rooms. Wallstreet Journal available in lobby. Nice sized business center, with printer, and comfortable leather chairs. The rooms had a nice desk and chair arrangement as well.

The lobby actually made me want to come down and sit by the fireplace, read, socialize, and watch tv.

Looking forward to staying here again.

P.S. the bed was a Kingsized, super comfortable bed with several down and other pillows. I felt spoiled and tried to book it for a month.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled solo