“Quiet Family stay - Nice Hotel - Va beach, Norfolk, Busch Gardens”

Studios and Suites 4 Less Gum Road
Ranked #29 of 42 Hotels in Chesapeake
Reviewed 20 August 2007

This property was perfect for my family of four. We had more than enough room. I received the first floor room as requested. We had a nice breakfast everyday. We could not hear ANY room noise from other guests! Room was clean and hotel close to shopping and restaurant area. Fridge and microwave came in handy for snacks or quick meal. Only complaints... room had drippy faucet, back entrance door (close to our room) was broken for most of our stay and pool was cold. We did not ask for anything to be fixed becasue it was not that big of a deal to us. Would recommend and would stay at again. We drove to virginia beach, norfolk and busch gardens from this hotel througout the week.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled with family
1  Thank ragillmor

Reviewed 12 August 2007

I booked this hotel for 5 days on Priceline ($60/night) and was overall very impressed. The entire hotel staff was very friendly and accommodating. When we returned to our room every day, the housekeeping staff had left the room in pristine condition. They even straightened out our junk that was left on the night table! The complimentary breakfast was okay, definitely better than your run-of-the-mill continental fare. There was oatmeal, cereal, sausage, hardboiled eggs, bagels, belgian waffles, and yogurt, muffins, etc.
The hotel is also very convenient to nearby shopping and restaurants. I would highly recommend Paradocks. The food is very afforadable and there is something on the menu for EVERYONE! There is also a bar there with live music but it's soundproof if you're interested in a family-friendly environnment outside the bar.
For the price I paid, I couldn't have beat what I got at Springhill Suites.

p.s. I was extremely paranoid that first night because of the previous post about bed bugs. I kept a VERY watchful eye out for those and NEVER saw a single bug, period! All of the other guests I saw every morning seemed pleased as well.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 August 2007

We were very pleased with our one night stay at Springhill Suites. Hotel is in a nice, quiet spot, but it's right next to a business area with restaurants, etc. Room was clean. Early check-in was no problem. Housekeeping staff was very accomodating and friendly. All in all, a great property for Marriott!!

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 June 2007

Left after only a few hours in the middle of the night, as we found bed bugs crawling on the children. Disgusting. Management was unappologetic and said our night was free...yeah right I paid for another hotel somewhere else. Do yourself a favor and find somewhere else to stay. Pool was in disrepair.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 June 2007

Very pleased. After staying here, I am now judging all of my area visits by the standard set at the Springhill, Chesapeake.

Friendly and professional staff. Everyone that I encountered, that is all staff members, greeted me by looking at me (in the eye, no less) and asked how my stay was going. They asked if there was anything they could do, and welcomed me back to visit again - which I will do.

The breakfast was great, a full hot breakfast, not a couple of rolls. USA Today delivered to the door of all rooms. Wallstreet Journal available in lobby. Nice sized business center, with printer, and comfortable leather chairs. The rooms had a nice desk and chair arrangement as well.

The lobby actually made me want to come down and sit by the fireplace, read, socialize, and watch tv.

Looking forward to staying here again.

P.S. the bed was a Kingsized, super comfortable bed with several down and other pillows. I felt spoiled and tried to book it for a month.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 January 2007

Great little room with a jacuzzi in the room! (but didnt use it) I liked this place, close to many stores and restaurants, the staff was very nice, and the biggest TV in a room yet!

• Stayed: January 2007, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 January 2006

I recently spent the night at the SpringHill Suites Chesapeake. I was on business travel, so this was paid for by my company (I believe in full disclosure). The hotel is easy to get to, however, be aware that the actual entrance is behind the hotel, not on the main street. The parking lot is well lit. The lobby is nicely decorated and clean. Coffee and tea with all the fixings (like half and half!) are available 24 hours a day. A continental breakfast is included with the room. They have bread, bagels, English muffins, hot oatmeal (not instant) with great fixins, fruit, yogurt and make-it-yourself belgium waffles. The breakfast area is well maintained and clean. They have a wonderful fireplace and large screen tvs to enjoy in the evening or during breakfast. The rooms are recently renovated. They have a nice sitting area with a pull out sofa and desk, internet access and a small kitchen/fridge/freezer/microwave area. I had a king-sized bed, a little on the firm side for my preference, but lots of pillows (always a plus). The bathroom is large with lots of room to move around. The place is beautiful right now because everything is fresh and clean and brand spanking new. Service was great, we had to call several times from the airport for directions and other issues and they were happy to help and not at all annoyed at our continuous calls. I stayed in room 302, which was the last room in building, with only one neighbor next door and it faced the main highway. I could hear the traffic when I arrived, but I sleep with a white noise machine, so the traffic wasn't an issue for me. But I would suggest requesting a room on the Gum Road side of the building. Also, you can hear through the walls pretty well. In the morning as I was getting ready to leave, I could hear my neighbor talking and getting ready. So request a room on the end with no-one in the room next to you facing Gum Road and you should be all set :D

• Stayed: January 2006, travelled on business