“Wonderful service”

Ranked #11 of 42 Hotels in Chesapeake
Outer Banks Nc
“Wonderful service”
Reviewed 13 March 2014

I stayed in the hotel for one night due to a snowstorm in the area. The front desk staff, especially Joy was so kind and helpful. The room was immaculate. It was very quiet and I felt safe. I would recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Chesapeake, Virginia
Reviewed 12 February 2014 via mobile

I recently stayed at this hotel due to kitchen pipes busted, the staff was very helpful with my spare of the moment reservations... The front desk lady Sharon & the housekeeping supervisor Yvonne helped me remain calm when I felt like my life was falling apart... The staff was very friendly and made sure my 4 nite stay was a pleasant experience for me... The room had a very clean smell and I felt comfortable enough to take my socks n shoes off... The breakfast area was very clean... I will be visiting this hotel again but under better conditions like a pleasure stay... Thank you all for a job well done.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Rhonda F
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed 12 January 2014

We stayed four nights and have absolutely no complaints. They had restaurant flyers at the front desk, which we needed the first night. Our room was spotless. Very little sound from traffic, and what we did hear was not remarkable at all. It's a hotel on a street, so some traffic is to be expected. Every staff member we saw was friendly and greeted us with a smile and one went out of her way to help with a minor request of mine. We had a comfortable bed, ample pillows, sufficient blankets, excellent internet connection. I can't think of anything to complain about. (That's unusual for me.) Good job, Fairfield! We will be back, and we want the same room.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Frederick, Maryland
Reviewed 9 January 2014

The hotel is practically branch new, so not much to say about the condition of the property. Bed was comfortable and I always appreciate having a refridgerator in my room. A complimentary continential breakfast is always appreciated, especially when you are short on time. Everyone I encountered was friendly and seemed genuinely happy to be there. The location on Main Street is very convenient to shops and restaurants. Certainly within walking distance.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
mechanicsville MD
Reviewed 28 November 2013 via mobile

This place was 5 star all the way. I have paid double and been much less satisfied. While the facilities are nice, beds comfy, free breakfast tasty, what really made this place 5 star was the staff. Nothing but smiles and friendliness from the moment we arrived til the minute we checked out. "Sharon" was working the desk and made us feel quite at home. Great start to a Thanksgiving away from home!

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank ashadeabove
Chapel Hill, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Stayed 1 night with the girls soccer team. Clean. King bed was comfortable. Others complained about outside noise but our room was ok. mini fridge in the room. Close to lots of restaurants and stores, some even walking distance.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Kerry B
BELLINGHAM
Reviewed 3 October 2013

If you stay in Fairfield Inns, you know what to expect. That is what we got. We used award points for this room. We slept OK, bed was fine. Nothing remarkable. Would stay there again with awards travel.

The one issue is that it is right on a major highway. When we have stayed in other hotels right on the highway they pride themselves on triple paned windows so you can't hear the noise. Not this one - you can hear it quite clearly. We left the aircon on all night to drown it out.

Room Tip: If traffic noise bothers you, and you don't want to run the aircon or fan, this is not the place...