“Great Value For Money”

Ranked #37 of 42 Hotels in Chesapeake
Orlando, Florida
“Great Value For Money”
Reviewed 10 June 2012

Stayed in hotel for 2 nights and was pleasantly surprised by the how clean the hotel is
Front desk staff are very friendly and housekeepers did a good job.
Next time we are in city that's the place we will be staying.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Old VIRGINIA
Reviewed 26 May 2012

This is a decent stop on any budget traveler's itinerary. We did not get the best welcome from employee in charge of the place. My Choice Elite Status did not help to get me, an old man, with his elderly wife an "upgrade" to a ground floor room . . . the check-in man insisted on $19 extra for ground floor . . . I decided to drag our bags up a flight of steps to save the money for a one night stand. :-) Our room and bath were okay, clean, great hot water, thank you, EconoLodge Chesapeake VA!

Room Tip: Rough Neighborhood, but not bad :-) Just watch yourself.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 1oldseagull
Fairfield, Connecticut
Reviewed 12 May 2012

In the end it was the AAA rate of $44 that convinced me to stay here. On the plus side there were no smells, no bugs, the bed was comfortable and the room was clean.
On the other hand the neighborhood was not all that nice and the continental breakfast was coffee, juice and pastries in cellophane that looked like the kind stocked for vending machines. We skipped dinner and left astonishingly early the next morning, with me slapping my forehead for not booking a nicer hotel. P.S. Our breakfast was from a Dunkin' Donuts our Garmin GPU was kind enough to point out. P.P.S. It was my wife who quipped that the property looked like a murder scene from C.S.I.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Brianj1949
Seven Corners, Virginia
Reviewed 27 December 2011

I needed a cheap place to crush for the night before early morning hunting in nearby woods. This place was on the bottom end of the price list with decent rating. Exterior and lobby of the place are nice. During check-in, the guy didn't know the reservation was already paid through hotels.com and asked for the price that was lower than I've paid here. Made me think that service fee tacked on here is suspicious.
Free wi-fi was a nice touch. It required web authentication, but was very fast. It provided me with entertainment & TV since cable TV in the room was "very basic".
The room was of expected quality in this price range. Somewhat aging decor with armchair, desk, old TV, fridge, microwave, and some sort of bench. However, there were no coffeemaker. I guess that was because they offer free "breakfast" in the lobby at 6:00am. The bed was OK, but I found bathroom to be too small for my taste. Overall, there were no unpleasant surprises, so I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Seth J
Chesapeake, Virginia
Reviewed 24 October 2011

Although the hotel room is nicely decorated it has some serious underlying problems. The first room we were assigned to smelled badly when we opened the door. It smelled like bad body odor. Then we cut the lamp on that was on the table. When we cut it on two small roaches crawled across the table. We quickly left the room and shut the door. We went back to the office and reported the problem. The desk clerk/owner acted as though he was stunned by the news. We then asked for another room. He quickly obliged. That room was roach free. Unfortunately it was also hot water free and heat free. Because this was an unexpected emergency stay and was only for overnight we endured it. Both desk clerks (night and morning) appeared cold and distant in character. Warm, friendly, and appreciative employees would somewhat help.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank Dee57597
Putnam, Connecticut
Reviewed 19 April 2011

Just your basic Econo Lodge: a bit frayed around the edges, but good enough for a one night sleep at 50 bucks. Wi-fi worked fine. Only gripe is the breakfast, which was ridiculously sparse -- and I have come to have low expectations in this area.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank RoadTripRoger
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 8 August 2010

Stayed here for AAU Jr Olympics at Norfolk State University. False advertisement on WI-FI. I couldn't logon to my computer, IPOD, and PS3.. Steps smelled like URINE all the time, trash cans overflowed... complimentary breakfast was doughnuts, muffins, honey buns, coffee, danish (mainly UNHEALTHY JUNK FOOD!!) NO HOT TEA EVER!! Had to walk to 7-11 to purchase my tea. Bathtub was dingy... folks, talking in the hallway all hours of the night.. kids running down the hall unsupervised.... never got additional pull out bed as stated when I booked 2 queen beds online.... one day my room never got clean -............. I will never stay here again.. decided to check out early.. one day police was questioning a man - kinda scary!!! BEWARE!!! this place is also a HOME for the HOMELESS or those who may have lost their home due to FORECLOSURE. Bed was uncomfortable.... only good thing was the a/c worked in overdrive!!!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family