“It Could Have Been Better !”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #10 of 42 Hotels in Chesapeake
Ashburn, Virginia
“It Could Have Been Better !”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Guest Services - Jamie was excellent. Some of the staff were friendly and some were not. The hotel was clean but could be better. Breakfast was OK but not a lot of choices. Need 2 staff on weekends for the breakfast area, one person is not enough to keep up with refilling and cleaning the area. I had to clean some tables myself because the person in charge can't keep it up with trying to refill all the food. We were also not informed that breakfast hours on weekends is different from weekdays. It closes about an hour early on weekdays. Rooms are a good size, we had 2 double beds and a sofa bed. Beds are comfy and clean. The sofa bed was old and stained. The extra sheets was also dirty and stained. I called guest services that night and I was told that someone will come and bring a new one,after 30 minutes I called again and I guess they forgot so I just cancelled it. I just told them to bring it the next day, but no one ever did. Pool area is nice but they removed the hot tub and turn it into a BBQ area. Fitness Center is really small, only had dumbbells and 2 machine and 1 was broken. Parking was horrible the first night, we came back late and parking was full. The worst about it was, there were about 4 or 5 big trucks parked in the parking area and occupied at least 5 to 6 spaces each. (not sure what the parking regulations is) I went to ask guest services if there is any other parking area and I was pointed across the street where all the others truck parked. Location of the hotel is nice, close to shopping centers and not too far from the VA Beach boardwalk. Overall it wasn't that bad, but it could have been better.
I would recommend this hotel but I guess you can find a better service and value around the area.

Room Tip: Parking was the only major issue. Make sure you come back early enough to get a good spot.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Kevon M, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future. We always strive to ensure our guests have a superb experience and I am sad to know that your was "just ok". I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Okemos, United States
Reviewed 3 August 2014

I would like to start with saying THANK YOU Karen and staff for making the whole team so welcomed to the Hotel. Upon arrival the dancers where so excited to see their studio sign on the welcome board and also receiving at check in a little treat bag. It really made them feel so special. The whole staff was so accommodating to us, they let us stay longer in the pool on Tuesday night, and when I talked to Karen about us having to leave all early Saturday morning before breakfast was opened up, she offered to have staff there at 6 am. Instead of this we all opted out to take extra breakfast the day before and store in our rooms. Karen made sure the breakfast staff was aware of it and had an extra cart with breakfast items ready for all of us to grab. Overall my experience was excellent. My room was very nice, clean, I was on the first floor, it was quite every night. The Hotel is very convenient located. Restaurant and movie theater in walking distance, easy on and off the highway and everything in a short driving distance away, like beach, Aquarium, Norfolk. The reason we picked the Hotel for our team was because of location, amenities and affordability. Thank you again to all the staff and Karen for making our stay so pleasant. Sabine Blaxton, Okemos, Michigan

Sabine,
It was such a joy having your group stay with us! I appreciate you sharing your feedback with us. I know that Karen will be happy to know that all of her efforts were appreciated. We always try our best to ensure that we do all we can to make our guest feel as welcomed and as comfortable as we can. I know that your team worked extremely hard and were able to win some national titles. Congratulations on the great work and we hope to see you the next time there is a competition in the area.
Reviewed 1 August 2014

I stayed at this hotel for a week. The weekend was noisy with lots of slamming doors and yelling in the halls. The weekdays were much worse. I suppose the hotel is used by out-of-state workers who use the hotel as lodging while working in the area. There were both English and non English speaking men hanging out in the parking lot in the evening, standing around their trucks smoking and drinking. Though no one confronted me, their watching everyone leave and arrive at the hotel and note their automobile was very unsettling. I stayed at the Hyatt last year around the same time and paid roughly the same amount and it was 300% better. And by the way, the Wi-Fi was about as slow and spotty as dial-up.

Room Tip: Don't go outside after dark
2 Thank Pamela F
Kevon M, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback with me. I am deeply saddened to know that your experience was not spectacular. We take a tremendous amount of pride in our hotel and ensuring that our guest have a fantastic stay. I only wish that prior to you leaving that myself or my management team had the opportunity to address and or rectify any of your concerns. Yes, we do on occasions have “project-based” guests as every hotel on Crossways Boulevard. We have NEVER had any inappropriate behaviors or incidents with any of them. They prefer to gather outside to smoke and socialize because we are a smoke-free environment. We can’t penalize them for that. I definitely value the need to feel safe and comfortable and would be willing to do whatever is necessary to ensure that. I would love the opportunity to discuss this matter further with you at your earliest convenience. I can be reached at 1-757-420-1600 or via email Kmartin@cschesapeake.com. I look forward to making this situation right. Thank you for your business and I hope to hear from you soon.
King George, Virginia
Reviewed 31 July 2014

This place is great for business travel. The rooms are comfortable and spacious and the hotel is always quiet. The staff is very attentive to the needs of its guests and has recently begun having an appreciation night for it's mid-week guests. The breakfast is usually very good. The hotel has located near plenty of restaurants with many within walking distance.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. I am pleased to know that you enjoyed our weekly manager's reception which we were very excited to finally roll out this summer. We hope to see you again the next time you are in the area.
Drummondville, Quebec, Canada
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We have had a very nice stay at this hotel. All the familly enjoy their stay. We defenetly recommend this hotel. We have 6 childrens and they all have enjoy their stay. Very clean, Quiet and the service provide was very good.

Pascal,
Thank you very much for your positive feedback. I am happy to know that you and your family enjoyed your time with us here in Chesapeake. We looking forward to the next opportunity we have to host you all during your next visit to the area. Thank you again.
Chesapeake, Virginia
Reviewed 15 July 2014

First I would like to thank Mr Wilson on his day off who lead us your way and Ms Karen picked us up from there and our first Grand child and mother 75th Birthday what can I say. My wife & I and our familes are still talking about how good the hotel look and how everything was so nice for the 2 days we used the meeting room and we will always come back and thanks to everyone who have a hand in making Comfort Suites one of the best.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

I had a baby shower at the hotel in their meeting room and they allowed us to also use their gas grill and pool. The place was very clean and the customer service catered to my every need with no hesitation. They provided everything we needed. Management was exceptional in the reservation of the meeting room to the point where they made a sign for my guest to identify where to go when they arrived. I will recommend this hotel to everyone!

Room Tip: Didn't stay over night