“It just works...”

Delta Hotels by Marriott Chesapeake
Ranked #4 of 42 Hotels in Chesapeake
Reviewed 19 December 2013

Check in by app worked without a hitch. Staff were friendly, knowledgeable and very helpful. Consierage lounge was typical. And, the rooms were up to and exceeding Marriott standards in every respect..

Room Tip: It doesn't matter...no sweet views.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Charles P, General Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Chesapeake, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2014

Thank you for your recent comments on your stay at the Marriott Chesapeke Hotel. We strive to make sure all our guest have a great stay while visiting the Chesapeake area. We look forward to serving you again in the near future. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to make yor stay more enjoyable.

Reviewed 17 December 2013

Pleasant staff and nice amenities made this a great place for us. The gym can accomodate a crowd and the pool looked great (even though we did not choose to enjoy it) We love the executive suite which has a sitting area. Housekeeping staff does a great job - I only gave it 4 stars because of stained furniture. That is not the room attendant's fault but it should be rectified.

1  Thank Nancy H

Thank you for your comments on your recent stay at the Marriott Chesapeake Hotel. Your comments will be shared with teh entire team. Our main focus as a hotel team is to make every guest stay a "Brilliant Stay". We look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Reviewed 2 December 2013

This is a solid choice for a quality hotel at a reasonable price. The lobby is stunning especially with the Christmas decorations. It's chic and crisp. The staff was outstanding and very helpful.
Our room was clean, well decorated, and properly stocked, as well as being very quiet.

I fully intend to stay here again the next time I am in the area.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for your comments on your recent stay at the Marriott Chesapeake Hotel. We are happy that you and your family enjoyed the Christmas decorations. The decorations were all done by the hotel staff memebers. You can tell the decorations were completed with the spirit of Christmas.

We hope 2014 brings great happiness to you and your family. We look forward to your return visit.

I fully intend to stay here again the next time I am in the area

Reviewed 14 November 2013

The hotel looks swell from the outside. Old room furniture should be either cleaned more often or replaced outright.
The shower curtain was moldy and the room had a stuffy smell. Had to ask to have the shower curtain changed. Food was adequate, not great. Staff worked hard in all aspects of the hotel. Bellmen were also waiters. Will not be confused with a four star hotel.

Room Tip: You get what you pay for. The rate is low and you shouldn't expect four star service. higher f...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
ckper53, General Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Chesapeake, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your recent stay at the Marriott Chesapeake.

We see that there is room for improvement based on your feedback. Please accept our apology for not meeting your expectations during your stay. I assure you that these items will be addressed. Pleasecome back to visit us soon.

Reviewed 24 October 2013 via mobile

Stayed here 1 night for business. Nice lobby, elevator, and room fixtures. Pillows not so much...and the stains on the chair pillow, rug, mattress, and layer of dust under the bathroom sink vanity.... Hate having to pay for breakfast, but did through the hotel. A muffin is a muffin, but the fruit was very good. If I was paying out if pocket, I would choose a different place. There are plenty close by. Mall near by is good for getting out to walk around and there is plenty of restaurants (didnt notice any fast food ones though, but food court at mall) near by. Family went to Children's Museum of VA which was only about 15 mins away (they have been 3x in 3 yrs- go if you have kids ages 2-6).

• Stayed: October 2013

Reviewed 9 October 2013

I recently stayed here for 8 nights due to a family emergency. I chose this hotel for its location close to Great Bridge. Given the nature and length of my trip, it was important to have quiet, space, and a workout area. The hotel delivered on al of these. The main issue I had was housekeeping, which skipped my room twice. To be fair, I was on west coast time in the beginning and so not up early.

It's a Marriott, so I expect good service, which the front desk delivered without fail.

I would stay here again. It was an island of calm during a turbulent time.

Room Tip: Top floor under concierge level. I asked for a very quiet room and was put at the end of a hall.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 26 September 2013

I had my wedding at the Marriott Chesapeake and we received world class service. Their staff was very professional and personalized service. I know I was the bride but they made me feel like the most important person in the world. The banquet staff was very accommodating to all our guests and especially to the elder guests when they plated the buffet meals for the elder guests, so they didn't have to get up. My husband and I were personally serviced with food and drinks from the bar. The food was amazing and the chef was very accommodating when he heard we had a vegan guest that we hadn't planned for. They chef whipped up something for him in a pinch and our guest was over the moon appreciative. The entire staff was extremely enthusiastic during the planning process and serviced world class service with a smile.

At the end of the night my new husband and I were greeted in our room by 2 plates of entrees, a variety of deserts, and a bottle of champagne in addition to the penthouse suite that was complimentary for booking our wedding.

All in all, I highly recommend the Marriott Chesapeake for any event, because you are treat like the most important person in the world and they don't miss a beat!!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Adam T, Front Office Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Chesapeake, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2013

I would like to personally thank you on behalf of the entire staff here at the Marriott Chesapeake for you thoughtful review. We are very thankful that you held your wedding here and that everything went smoothly. We strive to exceed the expectation of our guest, and I am happy to hear that we were successful in doing so with your event. We hope to be of service to you in the future.

Regards,